Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Bike rack part numbers

comfortz

comfortz

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Hi Folks, does anyone have a list of the bike rack part numbers at all. Not the full rack just the individual parts
..on the drawing I have they're numbers...36/37/19&12

Thanks in advance...!

I've never seen them, and had no luck at all getting parts for the rack. VW told me it was made by Thule, and I should contact them. Thule told me it was an OEM product and I should get the parts from VW.

Il send you a copy over nick

Thanks for the help chaps....

Referring to the fitting picture/schematic from the genuine VW instructions the parts needed are......

36/37/19&12

19 - profile rubber seating
20 - mounting plate left
36 - Screw Cover
37 - Pin

It would have been so easy if VW would have added the part number next the schematic!

A friend of mine has had his rack powder coated and some of the parts broke as he was dismantling the rack! So I was just trying to help him out ;)

I interesting read. I am looking for part 49. Can anyone help with the part number and where to order from

Many thanks

Rick

Sorted...my friend rang up our local jct 600 - (Sheffield) and they've ordered the parts in for him. No official part numbers though.

Hello,
i want to replace the claws 29 & 30, as they are rusty.
Does anyone knows where to order?

thank for help
Miha

I need a couple of new arms for the bike carrier. Where can you order them from. The link provided above takes you to page that has no content.

I need a couple of new arms for the bike carrier. Where can you order them from. The link provided above takes you to page that has no content.

If you go on ebay new arms like the one below are readily available for about a third of the Banwy cost of a vw one this one is described as a Thule 9382 3rd bike arm

If you search for "Thule EuroRide 941 / 943 - Spare Parts Multi Listing" there is supplier with 3 different length Thule arms the 1st & 2nd bike arms are about £25 each.

s-l1600.jpg

Morning folks. Is anyone able to confirm who did actually make the rack as Ive also heard the same VW/Thule story. All I actually need to get is a key as the pre owned rack that I bought didn't have one. Just as an aside to this I recently ordered spare Thule keys, for a roof rack, from a UK seller on ebay...

Morning folks. Is anyone able to confirm who did actually make the rack as Ive also heard the same VW/Thule story. All I actually need to get is a key as the pre owned rack that I bought didn't have one. Just as an aside to this I recently ordered spare Thule keys, for a roof rack, from a UK seller on ebay...

Got spares for my Altera Towbar Bicycle Rack from here. There are some Thule keys and VW keys also on the site.
Maybe someone with a VW Bike rack could compare their key with the photos on the site for VW and Thule. :thumb

I need the bolt and receiver that fit into the bottom tail of the rack - ie the mechanism which attaches the rack to the base of the door. A good friend on this site told me years ago that he lubricates his rack parts each winter - I wish I had listened! The thread has either gone on the bolt or most likely the cylindrical receiver which I don't think I can get at.. My option may be just to get a fresh standard flat nut to receive the bolt.

I need the bolt and receiver that fit into the bottom tail of the rack - ie the mechanism which attaches the rack to the base of the door. A good friend on this site told me years ago that he lubricates his rack parts each winter - I wish I had listened! The thread has either gone on the bolt or most likely the cylindrical receiver which I don't think I can get at.. My option may be just to get a fresh standard flat nut to receive the bolt.
Anyone had any luck with this?