Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Cali orphan without English owner's manual

D

Doug Curran

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
My German origin 2005 (pristine one-owner) California is on the container ship to Vancouver, but the one essential piece I am looking to locate is an owner's manual to get through the intricacies of the camper. These vehicles were never imported into North America, but are now allowed in Canada under our 15 year import admissibility.

VW Canada tells me the original manual for the T5 are NLA from Volkswagen. The manuals in the van are all "die richtige Sprache der Franken" and represent hours of inconvenient labour to decipher with Google Translate.

I'm hoping that someone within the club may have a surplus English language Owner's bible, any year for the T5. I don't mind to purchase and cover postage to this side of the Atlantic. There is no equivalent club in North America, no source or even market this side. Thank you for your attention.

Doug Curran

Mid Interior 6942.jpg

My German origin 2005 (pristine one-owner) California is on the container ship to Vancouver, but the one essential piece I am looking to locate is an owner's manual to get through the intricacies of the camper. These vehicles were never imported into North America, but are now allowed in Canada under our 15 year import admissibility.

VW Canada tells me the original manual for the T5 are NLA from Volkswagen. The manuals in the van are all "die richtige Sprache der Franken" and represent hours of inconvenient labour to decipher with Google Translate.

I'm hoping that someone within the club may have a surplus English language Owner's bible, any year for the T5. I don't mind to purchase and cover postage to this side of the Atlantic. There is no equivalent club in North America, no source or even market this side. Thank you for your attention.

Doug Curran

View attachment 68970
As you are a VIP member, have you checked out the Forum - Resources - section where there are a number of downloads of manuals relating to the California Camping side of things.

Workshop Manual here.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
As you are a VIP member, have you checked out the Forum - Resources - section where there are a number of downloads of manuals relating to the California Camping side of things.

Workshop Manual here.
I've downloaded the workshop manual, but there is a great deal of information in the Owner's Manual not found or covered in the Factory/Workshop Manual. Additionally, the Workshop manual doesn't represent a useful glove box item for user's (my copilot's)needs.

I've downloaded the workshop manual, but there is a great deal of information in the Owner's Manual not found or covered in the Factory/Workshop Manual. Additionally, the Workshop manual doesn't represent a useful glove box item for user's (my copilot's)needs.
The specific, separate to the Transporter Handbook, California Handbook is in the Resources section. It covers the Roof, Kitchen, Fridge,Parking Heater etc:

Back