Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 California Comfort Line - what was standard?

C

Crookedtooth

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all,
sorry for the stupid question. my better half and I are looking to check out a 2013 T5 Comfortline, and have been unsuccessful (please don’t judge ;-P) in finding what came standard at the time. If anyone has an idea on where to find this, it would be greatly appreciated.

There's an older thread about this subject, but there's not too much info in the thread. I believe it also differed by country. Might be tough to find out. Maybe the German Brochure for a 2010 T5 GP is a good place to start? It will at least tell you quite a lot about standard things and options.

Hi all,
sorry for the stupid question. my better half and I are looking to check out a 2013 T5 Comfortline, and have been unsuccessful (please don’t judge ;-P) in finding what came standard at the time. If anyone has an idea on where to find this, it would be greatly appreciated.
The problem you have is that VW sold vehicles in different countries with different options as standard. You really need a German Brochure from 2013

But I can imagine there may not be too much of a difference between the German 2010 (GP) and German 2013 (GP) brochure?

In this thread @reserves references a 2013 brochure (generic?). The link isn't working anymore. But perhaps @reserves still has that brochure somwhere?

thanks for the quick responses. Good point, hadn’t consciously occurred to me that there were different offerings in different countries. Will take a deeper look. Much appreciated.

I'm not sure what a Comfort Line is vs SE, but here is a 2014 brochure giving standard specs, for what it's worth.

Attachments

• california_brochure_june_2014.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 22
If I am not mistaken, the 'comfort line' (I have one) is mainland Europe's SE (at least NL, BE and GE). It's the difference between the UK (LHD) marketed version and the RHD mainland Europe marketed version. I believe they are very similair but not the same. There's more info in this older thread.

I've just looked at my Vehicle data and the description is "California Comf. KR"
In the logbook the model, presumably given by the selling dealer, states "California SE TDI 180 A"
Must be very nearly the same thing, if not identical?

The downloadsection (only acces for VIP members ) holds a 2010 UK brochure caravelle/California .
And a 2012 UK California SE/beach brochure.
I have a paper brochure from when i got my 2012 SE from new . It's Dutch written as i live in the Flemisch part of Belgium:D
It also says edition november 2010
It is less informative than the one in the downloadsection.
Inside it refers to a ComfortlineIMG_2642.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG

Last edited:
This might be of interest. I'm no expert and others might know more/beter, but I believe that over here (NL/BE/GE) VW uses the distinction 'trendline', 'comfortline' and 'highline' for several models of their vehicles.

I found online, a list of different spec for the trendline, comfortline and the comfortline after 2010 (GP)

Standard equipment California Trendline:
Volkswagen Transporter, self-supporting, fully galvanized.
Tinted glass in cab.
Armrests on front seats.
Front seats with lumbar support.
Front seats rotatable.
Fabric design “La Strada”.
Airbag for driver and passenger.
Power steering.
ABS / EDS / ASR.
Particulate filter (standard from MY 2008, green sticker)
Piezo ignition (from MY 2007)
ESP (Electronic Stability Program).
Handlebar adjustable in height and length.
4 Speakers
2 Rear seat seats.
Table in sliding door (indoor and outdoor use).
Aluminum furniture.
Sliding doors in kitchen unit.
2 burner stove.
Clean water tank 30 ltr.
Holding tank 30 ltr.
Compressor refrigerator, 42 ltr.
Backrest backrest angle adjustable.
Electro-hydraulic lifting roof.
Slatted frame for top bunk (200 x 120cm).
Blackout blinds for windows in residential area.
In-cab clamp curtains for blackout.
Sliding window on the kitchen side (no double glazing).
Second battery.

Additional equipment California Comfortline
Kitchen unit cover made of tempered glass.
Double halogen headlights behind clear glass.
Body-colored bumpers and mirrors.
Body-colored bumper strips.
Front fog lights.
Electric closing aid on tailgate and sliding door.
Electrically operated windows.
Electrically adjustable and heated exterior mirrors.
Central door locking with remote control.
Head and side airbags.
Double-tone horn.
Seat heating in front.
Comfort dashboard in cabin.
Luxury door trim in cabin.
Air conditioning, manually operated.
Parking heater with timer.
Folding table, slidably suspended from kitchen unit.
Third battery.
Fabric beige “Indian Summer” or blue / gray “Scala”.
Foldable rear headrests.

Extras on California Comfortline from model year 2010 (GP)
ESP / ABS / EDS / A
SR with Hillhold
Air conditioning with thermostat control
particulate filter, Euro 5 engine (green sticker)
Fabric design "Crete"
LED lighting in residential area

Here's the one from 2013

Attachments

• California_brochure_2013.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 17
we have a UK registered 2008 SE which is "comfortline spec" and the list of items on it reads just as ThomasHJs above.

Back