Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 order in Feb or wait for muted T6 from May?

M

Meanbean44

VIP Member
Hi all,

A total newbie here, I've been lurking and reading for a while and we've made the decision to bite the bullet and order a California, but we have some questions!

Firstly, we live near Southend on Sea, so were wondering if anyone had any suggestions for which dealer to buy from?

I also noticed on Worldcarfans.com that the T6 is due in May, would it be sensible to wait for it? Does anyone think the T6 California will come along anytime soon or not?

Many thanks
Ian

Personally I doubt if a T6 California will be available immediately when the T6 range is launched and that initially T6s will be limited to the big selling commercial variants, so at best twill be quite a few months b4 any Cali version is ready and then of course you will have the lead in time from order to delivery by which time 2015 will be nearly over!
Plus the fact that from everything gleaned it seems to be more of a T5C than a T6.
Then of course like any new vehicle model, it will likely have teething problems?
So really it depends on if you want to use one this year, or are happy to wait 7+ months and see what the reality actually is! And by which time prices are more than likely to go up!
I would be very surprised if a T6 Cali was available from May especially given that Westfalia are now partnered again with VW and producing a pop top T5 model...
no-one can give you a definitive answer...and all that I have just written could equally turn out to be rubbish! VW certainly are keeping stum about what may happen! The old teaser campaign?

Bite the bullet or have a very long wait , search forum your question has been asked several times no t6 Cali dates or plans recorded

as far as a dealership goes my advice is to use a VW VAN centre...and one which has a dedicated Cali technician in workshop. Googling will reveal near ones to you or use VWs website ....and a then phone call to check they have someone who knows about Calis on sales team and in workshop!

We're still waiting. Even though it'll most likely be a facelift, new engines with better performance, lower emissions and better economy are worth the wait, IMO

I've been talking to dealers today, all say something different with regards to new model.

One even said that to get current model you'd have to order by May as they will be stopping production. That same dealer said new Cali in Jan 2016.

I think the reality is that nobody knows for sure right now but I'm still hanging on for at least this year to see what's happening.

I think it can be a very long wait ... and then another very long wait to see if everything on a new vehicle works as it should do..

I'm not worried about buying new models, especially a facelift. If the only changes are front end cosmetics and proven engines there's little to be worried about.

I've had brand new model cars over the years without issue.

Funnily enough, the worst car we ever owned for having issues was a Golf!

Worst decision I could make is spending £55k now and regretting it in 5 months.

Yes, life's too short but earning over £100k to buy a Cali isn't to be forgotten either.

Why?

I keep reading posts like this about people waiting for the T6, I personally would not want something new off the production line, fair enough if it was a car but the Cali is complex and there WILL be many teething problems.

Buy now and enjoy this summer season , you might get knocked over by a bus in the meantime.

treecity said:
I'm not worried about buying new models, especially a facelift. If the only changes are front end cosmetics and proven engines there's little to be worried about.

Yes, life's too short but earning over £100k to buy a Cali isn't to be forgotten either.

I can't work out how someone pays £55k for a Cali?

treecity said:

What???

Income tax... to have £55k to buy a Cali high rate tax payers would need to earn ~£100k

reserves said:
treecity said:

I can't work out how someone pays £55k for a Cali?

Seriously? Just look at the price list and add some extras. Or am I missing something... how much is a Cali SE?

pjm-84 said:

Why?

Because there is clearly a new model with modern engines coming

You would only spend £55k if you were going for a high spec 4motion, average price after discount is around £44k

Kirk said:
You would only spend £55k of you was going for a high spec 4motion, average price after discount is around £44k

We are going high spec.

I personally would would live for now and have fun straight away rather than waiting for a new engine that may give a few extra miles MPG. There are still rumours there may not even be a T6 Cali.

treecity said:
Kirk said:
You would only spend £55k of you was going for a high spec 4motion, average price after discount is around £44k

We are going high spec.

Well, in that case you will probably be looking at £60k by the times the T6 Cali is released with the prices increases (that is if they do actually bring out a Cali )

[/ncome tax... to have £55k to buy a Cali high rate tax payers would need to earn ~£100k

Would you?

Even with no allowances, no weighting, no differential bands, if it was all earned income over and above all allowances then £92k would suffice.

Assuming no part -ex, no negotiation on best deal, and assuming it is going to be an instant write off with no residual value.

Kirk said:
treecity said:
Kirk said:

We are going high spec.

Well, in that case you will probably be looking at £60k by the times the T6 Cali is released with the prices increases (that is if they do actually bring out a Cali )

Mine at full spec value was £61k

Bought for £51k

Part-ex with my X3 meant £25k

As a HR tax payer equates to £41k pre tax income

Current residual value circa £45 k

T6 not going to appear until Q3 of 2015. First orders of first models will be late 2015 early 2016 by the time you start seeing them. New model not available to order yet either. No news about what to expect, I checked with our area VW Manager yesterday when he came in to see us and he has not seen anything about the new one or a physical example. No news either that there is definitely going to be a California (can't see why not to be honest and very likely to be) so I think that if you like the current California then buy one, as the new one will be different and if you don't like it then you will have wasted time waiting.

cheers

Thanks all, beginning to realise it would be best to order soon and make the most of this year!

SMG Cowfold, thinking of coming down and seeing you guys, who would be the best person to make contact with?

Thanks again all.
Ian

Back