Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach leisure battery

M

Maskone

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all,
Sorry for the noob question but I tried, without success, to find a way to recharge leisure battery while at the camp site. My t6.1 Beach has not the recharge connector as the California or other model but I have the leisure battery under my seats that normally recharge itself while driving. As in a few weeks I will be at the camp site for 1 week I wanted to use some in order not to start the engine.
Thanks for your help
Alessandro

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

You need a 240v battery charger similar to below with an additional adaptor so you can connect to the 12v /cigarette socket, then you can easily top up engine or leisure battery.

1649080766959.png

You need a 240v battery charger similar to below with an additional adaptor so you can connect to the 12v /cigarette socket, then you can easily top up engine or leisure battery.

View attachment 91363

Thank you very much and will have a look at it. I also have an electric socket under the driver seat and I imagine I cannot charge the battery from it

Thank you very much and will have a look at it. I also have an electric socket under the driver seat and I imagine I cannot charge the battery from it

If you have this on the outside, then connect to campsite hookup & plug the charger into the 240v socket in the van.:

1649085326763.png

Last edited:
No I don't have the external one so I will buy the charger then will hook up the charger to the extension cord and camp site
Thank you very much

No I don't have the external one so I will buy the charger then will hook up the charger to the extension cord and camp site
Thank you very much

For future, you can avoid the need for a hookup by fitting a couple of solar panels on the roof.

Or get the hookup fitted to the van (external body or in the engine compartment). Cost in UK is £300 approx.

Great!!! I will add it, solar panels, to my to-do list