Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean - Heated Windscreen shape

kevpem

kevpem

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I've traded my 22 T6.1 Coast with a standard windscreen for a new T6.2 Ocean with a heated windscreen. We went camping in the new van this weekend and tried putting our Comfortz screen cover on and it just wouldn't fit due to no longer being wide enough.

It appears the heated screen has a larger curve to it compared to the Coast and now I'm looking at it, it does appear that way. Has anyone else noticed this?

TV
I've traded my 22 T6.1 Coast with a standard windscreen for a new T6.2 Ocean with a heated windscreen. We went camping in the new van this weekend and tried putting our Comfortz screen cover on and it just wouldn't fit due to no longer being wide enough.

It appears the heated screen has a larger curve to it compared to the Coast and now I'm looking at it, it does appear that way. Has anyone else noticed this?
What’s a T6.2 Ocean? They only made T6& T6.1

The windscreens on all T6.1 vans are the same shape whether a panel van or an ocean & whether heated or not.

We have the Heated windscreen on our T6.1 -a standard screen cover fits OK. Bearing in mind the body is identical and the windscreen follows the.van body contours I can't understand why it wouldn't fit

6.2 was a typo on my phone, I didn’t re-read the post before submitting.

I’ll have another go at fitting the screen cover, maybe I’ve just forgotten how to put it on!

6.2 was a typo on my phone, I didn’t re-read the post before submitting.

I’ll have another go at fitting the screen cover, maybe I’ve just forgotten how to put it on!
Ours is a really tight fit. Unless you really pull it down hard over the door frame it is a struggle to get it to fit.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a T6.2 in the pipeline.

A T6.2 would be great with twin sliding doors and a redesigned kitchen to match. In the end they are all compromises whether it's the new Multivan or the T6 line.

Next time I'm in Breeze VW I'm going to take a look at a non-heated windscreen as I'm convinced it's a different curve but I may be wrong ;)

A T6.2 would be great with twin sliding doors and a redesigned kitchen to match. In the end they are all compromises whether it's the new Multivan or the T6 line.

Next time I'm in Breeze VW I'm going to take a look at a non-heated windscreen as I'm convinced it's a different curve but I may be wrong ;)
Seeing as it’s possible to fit a non-heated windscreen in place of a heated windscreen and vice-versa I can’t see how they can be different.

Have you got the front panel on the right way up as it’s tapered. I have heated windscreen and not an issue.

Have you got the front panel on the right way up as it’s tapered. I have heated windscreen and not an issue.
Did this on mine, don't know how we managed to take it off the and put it back on 180⁰ around. Think I was messing around with it at home, so I was scratching my head next time we went away.

Back