Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 where can we buy storage for between front seats with tray for holding drinks?

milli117

milli117

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We were wondering if such a thing exists in ready made form for travelling long journeys?? With lack of a place to put our cups we thought we might ask on here for a solution or a place we can buy something useable for this purpose?? Has anyone found they can adapt anything from ikea for the Cali Ocean?? Any ideas welcome as we are new owners

would something like this suits you ? drink holder and fridge/freezer underneath ?
Waeco CF/CDF 11
1628975328702.png

this is what i am thinking size wise but don’t want anything as heavy as a fridge or freezer but thanks

There are loads out there if you google "t5 t6 centre console"

There are loads out there if you google "t5 t6 centre console"
Didn't know these kind of units existed, but will add to the faff of rotating the drivers seat for sure. Or if left in situ, you lose the walk through which I would miss too.

We were wondering if such a thing exists in ready made form for travelling long journeys?? With lack of a place to put our cups we thought we might ask on here for a solution or a place we can buy something useable for this purpose?? Has anyone found they can adapt anything from ikea for the Cali Ocean?? Any ideas welcome as we are new owners
Something like this perhaps ? Fits nicely on the floor between the seats, easy to step over and folds away for storage.
2ABB4ABF-0149-48CC-90F8-8EBE9DD63DB4.jpeg

I found a really useful box which can be easily moved if you need to walk through, flat top for drinks and it has a good flap which pulls down to access contents without taking top off.

Slightly late to the party, perhaps, Tesco’s did a three pack of stackable boxes that fit perfectly between the seats, great for snacks and drinks, as well as ample additional storage. Removable during stays and a simple padded cover makes additional seating for ‘Van parties. Gotta get the most out of the limited space in these things. Pics will follow.

I put an Ikea white open box with mugs and thermos and snacks. passenger can reach and can be slide out of way to get into rear from front. also good if you spill anything it it. If you need more space they do one with a lid too that you can put under it.

You can also use it as a washing up bowl.

Last edited:
Back