T6 Bed Strut replacement

T

terryjoy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Need to replace bed strut gas lift for
T6 Beach 2017 any idea where to get a replacement strut

Try these guys. If nothing listed, think they can make them up to suit if you pass them the measurements of the old one:.

Last edited:
Please update this thread to help others :thumb

Hi I got the part from my local VW Van Centre part number
7H7-067-081 GASFILSTRU
Cost £30.94
Will update on how easy it is to fit
Hello, I wondered how easy the roof strut was to fit? Mine has gone too - and found the part online from VW parts direct for £34 so thinking I may give it a go myself if not too complicated. Thanks

Hello, I wondered how easy the roof strut was to fit? Mine has gone too - and found the part online from VW parts direct for £34 so thinking I may give it a go myself if not too complicated. Thanks
I don't think they are too difficult to replace if anything like the engine cowl parts on a Porsche 993. Those just clipped on to the metal fixtures. Prising the old ones off might be the trickiest part of the operation and keeping the poptop in the open position without functioning struts.

Thanks.... I am going to give it a go... VW quoted over £90 for the part only without labour.... so worth me trying I reckon!

It was extremely easy to fit no special tools needed

Back