Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 cali motorised side door dislikes wirking in mornings!!

C

ClivesT6california

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Now and again (every couple of weeks) my motorised side door will not open in the mornings. After driving for a short while (10 mins) it will work again!!
It will not respond to the key fob, door handle or dash button. The manual control button can light but the door will not respond to manual opening. This happens on cold and warm mornings, but only in the morning!! I cannot detect any noises on pishing buttons. The rest of the time it works fine.
The battery is fine (i even had the battery checked and tried to open the door with a battery booster attached - still did not open).
I have cleaned and lubricated the door seal.
I put in a VW centre for diagnostics who reported no fault found but cleaned and lubricated the contacts & mechanisms.
Does anyone have any advice?
I am on the point of renewing all sensors in a bid to thow money at it to fix it.
i’ll wecome your inputs.. thanks

Now and again (every couple of weeks) my motorised side door will not open in the mornings. After driving for a short while (10 mins) it will work again!!
It will not respond to the key fob, door handle or dash button. The manual control button can light but the door will not respond to manual opening. This happens on cold and warm mornings, but only in the morning!! I cannot detect any noises on pishing buttons. The rest of the time it works fine.
The battery is fine (i even had the battery checked and tried to open the door with a battery booster attached - still did not open).
I have cleaned and lubricated the door seal.
I put in a VW centre for diagnostics who reported no fault found but cleaned and lubricated the contacts & mechanisms.
Does anyone have any advice?
I am on the point of renewing all sensors in a bid to thow money at it to fix it.
i’ll wecome your inputs.. thanks
I don’t think replacing sensors will sort the problem.
1. The sliding door locking mechanism is at the rear of the door. Do you hear anything at all when listening here and using the remote?
2. if no noise then try lubricating the revolving lock catch of the “ Soft Close” mechanism.
3. Can you open the door using the Internal Handle.

Revolving Soft Close latch.

3B6FE7B3-2084-4C18-B362-A07DAA8C6F71.jpeg

Back