Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 dismal lights- another question for the experts!

M

morganrue

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My three month old T6 Beach has the standard H4 "candles in brown bottles" headlights...

Would a proprietrary Xenon conversion be a major improvement?
Do the xenon bulbs run so hot that the standard H4 lamp units will suffer?

anyone had any experience with this type of conversion? Please let me knnow!

thanks

morgan

Think you’ll find that the conversion, if done properly, would be a major job. The Xenon units have a built in levelling mechanism and if not already fitted headlight washers that are set to automatically operate in conjunction with the windscreen washers. I’d be inclined to look at just upgrading the bulbs.

Think you’ll find that the conversion, if done properly, would be a major job. The Xenon units have a built in levelling mechanism and if not already fitted headlight washers that are set to automatically operate in conjunction with the windscreen washers. I’d be inclined to look at just upgrading the bulbs.
Good points! I should have said that it has washers and self-leveling already. Do you think LED bulbs would be a better solution within the original housings?

Xenon conversion done properly will cost in excess of £3000. Forum member had it done on a beach a few years ago.

Are aftermarket led bulbs legal?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There was a recent thread on upgrading to these Osram H7 bulbs, they seem like an easy option for you... obviously in H4 !

Good points! I should have said that it has washers and self-leveling already. Do you think LED bulbs would be a better solution within the original housings?
I was thinking just upgrading to one of the "high performance" H4 type of bulbs rather than Xenon/ LED, so there should be no legal issues.
My Cali has Xenon factory fitted and whilst as a driver I find them better than "conventional" lights, I am conscious that they can be a hazard to oncoming traffic, even if set up correctly . Luckily the Cali doesn't go out much after dark!

I got a pair of GE Megalights 150% a great improvement for only £32

Discussed at great length here;

Back