Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 FOG/CORNERING LED LAMP CHANGE

fordyski100

fordyski100

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
As i have a T6 Ocean with LED headlights i am disappointed that the lower fog/cornering lights are the standard "yellow" looking lamps and i would like to change them to LED's , to match the headlights.
My dealer has tried 2 different types of bulbs ( 1 of which was Canbus compatible , but both indicated a bulb fault when fitted.
Before i waste any more money i wonder If anyone else with a T6 has upgraded these lamps to LED's with success and if so, can you help by advising exact make and model of lamps i need to purchase .
Thank you .

As i have a T6 Ocean with LED headlights i am disappointed that the lower fog/cornering lights are the standard "yellow" looking lamps and i would like to change them to LED's , to match the headlights.
My dealer has tried 2 different types of bulbs ( 1 of which was Canbus compatible , but both indicated a bulb fault when fitted.
Before i waste any more money i wonder If anyone else with a T6 has upgraded these lamps to LED's with success and if so, can you help by advising exact make and model of lamps i need to purchase .
Thank you .
@Loz has done it.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/so-the-journey-begins.13702/page-6

Had it bookmarked for the future.

Go to page 6

Mike

As the standard Halogen lights dim slowly as they go off at the end of cornering mode I was wondering how LEDs would react to this. ie do they just go from on to off instantly?

Depends if you buy dimming compatible LED's I suppose

Going to resurrect this old thread in the hope that someone may have done this upgrade recently.

Unfortunately the bulbs linked to in Loz's post are no longer available. So has anyone upgraded recently to whiter compatible fogs? If so which bulbs did you go with.

Last edited:
Thanks.....will give those dual colour ones a go.

I replaced the standard bulbs with the Osram Night Breaker range.
They are now updated to Night Breaker Laser 130% increase in light output according to the blurb.

Alan