Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Optional Extras: Audio and Communications

Kevin&Becci

Kevin&Becci

One year in and loving it.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Next on our options list is what to do with the Audio options. What are people choosing? I am a bit lost as to which options. I think my needs are probably:

Use bluetooth to play music from an iPhone
Digital connect or aux connect the same phone
Have a good quality sound ( bit geeky about sound quality)
Not that interested in a built in sat nav (I use free one on phone)
DAB radio preferred

So I am tempted by digital sound package (9VP). I have read elsewhere about this being a good quality sound system. Is the Discover Media Navigation Sytem just a Satnav? Does the Diigital Sound Package have the connections. Does it have DAB?

Not sure I know what I am asking here. What are peoples thoughts?

This was sent from Brand Support to the dealer I used when I asked about the Digital Sound Package

‘’ The DYNAUDIO sound system includes11 speakers calibrated to deliver the perfect sound experience including also a centre speaker in the instrument panel. The sound system uses a 11-channel amplifier and delivers up to 600 watt maximum power.’’

I am happy with the standard speakers cannot give advice on that one.
But very happy with the navigation and vw car-net and DAB radio.
I use DAB at home also beause I can listen to the lates news any time: we have a DAB station 'news+' that broadcasts only the news all day.
A little warning about mirrorlink: not all smartphones support this (mine does not: brand new samsung galaxy J5) and android-auto app not supported in all countries (not in Belgium according to google play) . From what I read here Apple car play is fully supported.

Question to those using their phone for Sat Nav....apologies if it's a daft question but what happens in areas of poor signal?

If the route has already been planned, you will have no problem being out off signal area. However if you make a route change (easily done by missing a turn) you will have problems. You can get an app which downloads all the maps locally (e.g. Co-Pilot) to avoid this problem.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If the route has already been planned, you will have no problem being out off signal area. However if you make a route change (easily done by missing a turn) you will have problems. You can get an app which downloads all the maps locally (e.g. Co-Pilot) to avoid this problem.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I
Next on our options list is what to do with the Audio options. What are people choosing? I am a bit lost as to which options. I think my needs are probably:

Use bluetooth to play music from an iPhone
Digital connect or aux connect the same phone
Have a good quality sound ( bit geeky about sound quality)
Not that interested in a built in sat nav (I use free one on phone)
DAB radio preferred

So I am tempted by digital sound package (9VP). I have read elsewhere about this being a good quality sound system. Is the Discover Media Navigation Sytem just a Satnav? Does the Diigital Sound Package have the connections. Does it have DAB?

Not sure I know what I am asking here. What are peoples thoughts?

App Connect is really good for a proper iPhone integration. Telling Siri to play something specific has been good fun. For sat nav If you already planned a route with Apple maps no problems with signal.

Thanks everyone. I went for the digital sound package and looking forward to hearing it when the van arrives next week. I was going to look at cheaper option for good quality sound but knew I would never have the time to investigate an d get it done so took the gamble. Hopefully it will sound good.

Back