Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 teaser

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
sources deep inside VW Hannover tell me that there is a locked high security area containing 2 T6 prototypes...and launch will be next year. Everyone is sworn to secrecy and its like Fort Knox inside the plant...all I could weasel was that the seats and rails arrangements were basically the same and the body shape was "more rounded" and that the engines were "different". Make of that what you will!

From your description, it will probably be the Renault Kangoo under VW brand :lol:

Obviously it's where the high tech roof-corrosion team work :eek:

I have heard that all manufacturers are downsizing the engines, and have heard a rumour that it maybe a 1600cc

Pete Wilkins said:
I have heard that all manufacturers are downsizing the engines, and have heard a rumour that it maybe a 1600cc

and 3 cylinders

I would be amazed if a Cali T6 was released at Launch.

When the T5 was launched it was nearly a full year for the Cali to be announced, of course that was the first VW made Cali, so they might be faster this time round.

Also we don't know if there even will be a t6 Cali :-(

T

I do wish they'd just make the emissions reducing gubbins RELIABLE before testing them on us customers.
We're going to keep ours (after a long chat last night about possibly selling it) but I'll be nervous of what will go wrong next.

TBH although we've had a lot of warranty issues, none have actually left us stranded/been dangerous. And we do really like it…

Hi KernowLad
As a matter of interest what warranty jobs have you had carried out in the last 3 years?

....fort knox , sworn secresy, high security, ....
And still announced on the forum in premiere.... :lol:

Patience is a nice gift....wait and see.

VW said somewhere that they need (want) improve the margin in Calis, so it could happens by increasing the price, using cheaper material/processes or both.

I'm near to buy a brand new Cali Beach (as soon as a Spanish VW salesmen get some interest :headbang ), and I have lots of doubts about whether should I wait or just go ahead now.

as I have said before I will be intrigued to see if the Cali made by VW actually continues into the T6 - and that was before all the roof corrosion saga exploded. If it does go ahead it wont be at T6 launch but later. I just think with Westy and VW cosying up again and plans for a elevating roof Westy T5 in pipeline VW may decide to refocus back on the commercials...hopefully I am wrong! The T6s hidden in the depths of Hannover's catacombs I believe to be a windowed bus and a panel van at the moment...no campers...

snowy55 said:
Hi KernowLad
As a matter of interest what warranty jobs have you had carried out in the last 3 years?

EFR valve x 2; still not fixed
Roof corrosion x 2
New Steering column
Rear diff replaced
Both water gauges replaced
New control panel
Butterfly latch replaced
Machine polish after they stuffed up the paint when servicing it.

I think that's it...

Hi KernowLad

Few grands worth there if it was out of warranty.
"Roof x 2" is that both parts of the roof or have you had it repainted and then had it repainted again?

snowy55 said:
Hi KernowLad

Few grands worth there if it was out of warranty.
"Roof x 2" is that both parts of the roof or have you had it repainted and then had it repainted again?

Nope - the main roof seems okay. I had the front section done a while back, it bubbled again. It's booked into Heritage VW and should be done by about 2022.

"It's booked into Heritage VW and should be done by about 2022."

I thought we'd all be riding around on our own personal rockets by then :laugh2

Not sure there will be a T6 Cali. A good idea of engines and equipment can be gleaned from existing VW vehicles. Would expect hybrid T6's and a raft of safety features to bring the cost of owning down (cheaper insurance). They will also want to save weight. Would have thought new CMS media systems would appear as well. I don't really know of VW need to focus on 'commercials'. The Transporter has always been about offering versions that are as car like as possible. Hence the success of Multivans in Europe. It's one of the things that makes the Transporter different to other 'vans'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk