Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The T6 cometh!

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
at hannover VW are sworn to secrecy and very tight lipped re the T6!
but expect it around 2015!
and ignore anything you read or see on websites at the moment about the new T6 its all speculation even if some sound like they know - they don't!

Anymore to add David? Very interesting.

nope all still tight lipped and zipped up in Hannover :D
well to me anyway!

And so plummeth the value of the T5.1... :sad

I didn't notice the T5 pre face lift prices plum it as didn't the T4 ,so if the T5.1 does then they all will ...not sure that will happen ..

I'm sure it will be interesting and all that, what they might do with a california on a new platform but,

Given the number of problems people have found and rectified with the old new van and equipment, I would rather have a tried and tested platform than a totally new one and wait several years for everyone to find all the problems with it.

Unless of course new VW design and build has taken on a completely new direction and can make a product without fault?

Confuserated said:
I'm sure it will be interesting and all that, what they might do with a california on a new platform but,

Given the number of problems people have found and rectified with the old new van and equipment, I would rather have a tried and tested platform than a totally new one and wait several years for everyone to find all the problems with it.

Unless of course new VW design and build has taken on a completely new direction and can make a product without fault?

Easier to say that if you have already T5 I'm guessing.

If you were looking to buy new and you knew the T6 was out in a few months (it isn't!) would you still order a brand new T5?

Actually, I don't have anything at the mo' but am looking to buy one for delivery next Mar/Apr and, if the new T6 was available within a short timeframe from then it would still have to be very compelling for me to take the risk.

It doesn't look like it will be available for some time though if the new van isn't coming out until 2014, can't imagine they will bring it out and the same time.

So, to sort of answer your question I think I woul still prefer the current Cali :D

Confuserated said:
Actually, I don't have anything at the mo' but am looking to buy one for delivery next Mar/Apr and, if the new T6 was available within a short timeframe from then it would still have to be very compelling for me to take the risk.

It doesn't look like it will be available for some time though if the new van isn't coming out until 2014, can't imagine they will bring it out and the same time.

So, to sort of answer your question I think I woul still prefer the current Cali :D

That's good to hear :)

2015 is likely but prob 2016 b4 available...
I'd not wait myself...you can trade it in!!!! :lol:

Most probably changes will enable the T6 to go on sale in USA...

I have a friend who is marketing manager for Opel Austria, there marketing plans are to compete with the new T6 from early 2014

choplee said:
I didn't notice the T5 pre face lift prices plum it as didn't the T4 ,so if the T5.1 does then they all will ...not sure that will happen ..

You know how it works Lee with a VW Bus - hang onto it long enough and the price goes up or levels.

:)

James

debarros said:
Most probably changes will enable the T6 to go on sale in USA...

I thought the main issue with the US was the chicken tax on commercial vehicles making them prohibitively expensive?

New Golf will give you some idea of the tech inside and styling cues.

Other biggie will be alternate power sources - hybrid etc etc. VW are already exploring this with some of their cars like the Jetta in the US.

James

Hi 21/35
I am told that the reason on T4/5 in USA is to do with crash resistance at the front ... Anyway irrelevant to us.... good camping ..

It's Only irrelevant if we don't crash them :D

The T4 was sold under the name of Eurovan. Both Winebago and Westfalia sold campervan conversions on the Eurovan base. So basically, I'm alright if I hit anything!

Back