Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I’m getting various dashboard error warnings on starting my 2019 T6 including:
- Tyre pressure loss indicator not available
- ACC Error
- Front assist error
- ABS error
- Error stop start

Turning the ignition on sometimes clears them, but they seem to be coming back on intermittently. I’ve cleaned the ACC sensor at the front and done a factory reset in the MFD, but no joy.

Currently away in France, any ideas?

IMG_6555.jpeg

Probably One of the abs wheel sensors. Which one of the 4 will need some sort of diagnostic tool such as Carista.
Part is £25 to £50. Garage probably take about an hour to remove the faulty one (likely to be the hardest part) and fit new.
Currently it is intermittent, when it has come on, it has cleared once I start driving.

Is it likely to get worse? If it does will it put me into limp mode or stop me from driving?

We are away at the moment, so wondering if it’s something I can live with until we get back.

I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine, it’s intermittent and less likely to be serious. Worst case (not that I think it’ll happen) is limp mode. It won’t stop you from driving it. Does it error in all modes of driving? Ie. Manual(sport) and automatic? I would think dodgy sensor too.

I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine, it’s intermittent and less likely to be serious. Worst case (not that I think it’ll happen) is limp mode. It won’t stop you from driving it. Does it error in all modes of driving? Ie. Manual(sport) and automatic? I would think dodgy sensor too.
Yeah, seems like abs sensor. So far it’s cleared every time. Hopefully can ignore it for a while until I can get it sorted. I will be sad if I lose use of the ACC, use it a lot over here.

I doubt it would go into limp mode as that is there to prevent you damaging the engine. These sensors measure each wheel rotation and then that info is used to determine if the van is skidding or locked up.
You might find anything related to the speed of the wheels (or relative speed of the different wheels wont work (like ACC, traction control, ABS) Not sure how Front Assist fits into this, maybe because it wants to use the ABS to brake as hard as possible).

Will probably wait till we get near a Vw Van centre. Will this be covered on warranty?

I’d expect it to be. It was on my car.

- ACC Error
- Front assist error
- ABS error
- Error stop start

Turning the ignition on sometimes clears them, but they seem to be coming back on intermittently. I’ve cleaned the ACC sensor at the front and done a factory reset in the MFD, but no joy.

View attachment 128935
Hi I had exactly the same problem a few months ago, took into very van centre (luckily had 5 year extended warranty) and abs sensor replaced under warranty and no problems since.

- ACC Error
- Front assist error
- ABS error
- Error stop start

View attachment 128935
Orange lights just highlight a potential issue.
Red lights signal. Failure that needs immediate attention.

Yours looks highly like Wheel sensor as mentioned in post two.

Agree, re ABS sensor, had the same recently and not difficult job. Needs Carista etc to highlight which sensor. Just be aware your ABS won't function if the lights are lit up.

Back