Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tailgate open help

D

DaveB

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The actuating rod on my tailgate latch has come loose and I cannot open the rear door.

I've followed this thread: emergency-opening-the-rear-door-boothdoor-from-inside-the-cali.20019

And can get some access into the hole with one of my fingers but I cannot feel the latch that is shown in the picture. My van is a 2016 California and sadly the chairs are in place severely limiting access or vision. Can anyone offer any additional advice as this has happened to me before and the garage cut out the rear trim to replace the lock costing £900 to replace. I cannot go through that again.

When the motor actuates I feel the rod being pulled up, I'm wondering if I can make some temporary coat hanger based tool? But it is hard enough to get my fingers in with the chairs and the cover trim in place.

• Wow
Reactions: Sad
If anyone needs help finding the G-Spot give me a shout. That was unbelievably hard but after hours of perseverance I managed to push down the latch. It is desperately hard to get fingers into the hole and I think I'm going to modify my seat trim to allow direct access without having to force your hand under it.

good that you got this sorted. been planning for long to have a manual opening tag/thread on the rear door but have not got down to it as yet. taking the associated paraphernalia has always kept me away from attempting it.

Do post some pics - if in the middle of all that trouble, you remembered to take some. :thumb

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Why don't you take the screwdriver from the toolbox (behind the back bench)? Might be a little easier to catch the latch?

When the seats are in place it is nigh on impossible. I've cut a section of trim MDF out now to make access easier in the future.

Back