Tailgate sun blind, roller blind, clip Part Number

KGCali

KGCali

Retired and still young at heart!
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi all
Anyone know how to remove the tailgate blind clip it locks onto when down? Also need the part number for a new one as mine is cracked (probably caused by VW changing the blind for the previous owner). It's part 14 in the picture below but that only references 867-80?

Just received the tailgate lower blind clip from VW 7E7-867-838 now just have to find out how to fit it, anyone taken off the tailgate panel before?

Yes.

It is quite a job, but doable.
First take out the seats. Then release the black plugs that hold the bag for the seats. Then unplug the black plugs on the top sides of the trim. Maybe even remove the top trim to be sure.
Then unscrew the screws. And maybe some other things I can't remember anymore.

Just received the tailgate lower blind clip from VW 7E7-867-838 now just have to find out how to fit it, anyone taken off the tailgate panel before?
Hi WG
I know it was a long time ago but did you achieve the clip replacement successfully? My clip has just broken and I’m looking for any advice?
Doug

Hi WG
I know it was a long time ago but did you achieve the clip replacement successfully? My clip has just broken and I’m looking for any advice?
Doug
I never got around to it as I glued my old rear blind clip back together with araldite as a temporary fix and 4 years later it's still holding strong!
There have been quite a few posts on removing the rear panel to fit cameras etc so worth a look at these before you attempt it. Seem to remember a member removing the upper panel with a tent peg puller.
More details on the lower panel removal here ...
Post in thread 'Tailgate Blind Replacement' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/tailgate-blind-replacement.48513/post-637526

Back