Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tan Hill Inn

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Met up there this weekend with some old Bongo friends. Despite a pretty grotty forecast the weather was perfect. Would be a good place for a future Cali meet. £5/night charge goes to charity.

7.30 Sunday morning, woken up by these little fellas

Lazy but couldn't miss this

Plenty of parking for a few vans

They take the weather seriously up here

The "facilities". (There is an indoor loo and basin with hot/cold available.)

Swaledale from the Buttertubs pass, so called because the locals used to store butter in the holes in the stones up there.

Back via the Wensleydale Creamery to stock up on cheese.

and the Ribblehead viaduct.

Is that your auto-levelling air suspension at work in picture number 5?
Nice pics :thumb

Last time we stopped there it was so cold we opened the pub door 3 sheep ran in. Great spot great photo's

They must like their sheep - the last time we were there there was a lamb in residence - gambolling around rather than on a plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is the auto levelling and the sheep would be Boris & Doris.
They tried to get in our Bongo when we were up there a few years ago. Seems they were abandoned by their mother and the then landlady hand reared them in the bar, hence they think they can wander in at will. :D

I took my 5 year old daughter up there for a night away last year. Great fun. Nice people running it. They have a Facebook page which often tells you of bands and things they have on.

I'd be up for a Cali meet there later in the year @briwy.

Lovely spot , will be visiting Wales later this years so not going that high up but defenatly put thiere site in my favorits if we ever go that direction we will count that in ....
It's those places that makes it all worthwhile!

Back