Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Temporary insurance

A

ASM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
My husband and I are insured with Highway through the Caravan Club. We wanted to add our 25 year old daughter onto policy for 3 weeks in August to live in the van on a site whilst she is between selling and buying a flat. She is employed and has a clean driving licence. She would not be driving the van as would commute to work by bicycle. We were turned down. Any suggestions re insurance?

If she not driving the van why would she need the cover ?. Other than 'road risks' the remainder of the cover - fire, theft, accidental damage etc would still apply ? - just a thought

Does she have any insurance of her own on any vehicle, if so could that company offer cover as an extension to her insurance?

My husband and I are insured with Highway through the Caravan Club. We wanted to add our 25 year old daughter onto policy for 3 weeks in August to live in the van on a site whilst she is between selling and buying a flat. She is employed and has a clean driving licence. She would not be driving the van as would commute to work by bicycle. We were turned down. Any suggestions re insurance?
I don't get this - exactly what did you ask for?
Did you ask to add your daughter to the policy for 3 weeks - that's all with no additional info such as you wouldn't be with her, she wouldn't be driving, oh and she would be working so the vehicle would be unattended Monday to Friday 9-5pm.

If you did give all that information then that is why you were not offered cover and regrettably you will have severe problems getting such cover.

If you had just asked to add her for a 3 week holiday then I cannot see what the problem would be.

The other possibility is Holiday Hire Insurance as those who hire out their Californias use.Probably a lot more expensive.

If she is not driving it then she will not require insurance.

Thanks all. Insurance company asked for all information. Concern is if anything happens to vehicle whilst she is living in it when we are 200 miles away. Thought it would be easy to organise but not.

Back