Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

text message reading - premium telephone package

J

JcCali

VIP Member
hi all.

just saw in one of the many supplements that came with the cali , that you can read texts messages on the MFD. I have the premium telephone bluetooth package and media input. I use my iphone 6 with a rns 510...works flawlessy, just wondering if I am missing something in getting this to work. I had a quick read on other forums and they talk abour rSAP etc...so no go for a apple i think. Like to hear from anybody else who might have experience actually using this feature ..etc....cheers

You should be able to scroll through the MFD on the phone setting and read texts.
The problem I find with this (Android phone so don't know if the Iphone is the same ) is that the RNS takes charge of the SIM card and the texts don't appear in the usual place on the phone. You have to dig through the settings to read them off the SIM card.

I understood text reading didn't work with Apple devices. Would be well chuffed if someone could prove me wrong

We had the premium Bluetooth but have failed to realise any benefits with our iPhones. From reading about it it also looked as if the module takes over the phone which made me think that it might not stream from Spotify, Audible or display emails... but could be totally wrong as my understanding is very patchy!

Bluetooth streaming from Spotify etc all works fine on an iPhone5s. Hadn;t even considered text messages.

had another look through the MFD settings...and i have nothing showing up for text messages with iphone 6 connected..:-(..would have been nice but no biggie