Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

That warm glow........

Archie

Archie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Homemade raspberry vodka bottled and doing it's thing in the fridge for a couple of months....
Citronella candles and batteries for the fairy lights bought and packed......
New tent for the kids and dog snapped up for half price in the sales.....
Blue gingham check seat covers lovingly sewn and fitted by my wife.....
Trip to the alpine lakes researched and booked over xmas....

Bring on the daylight and warmth! :D

What has everyone else done to get ready for this years trips that has given them a nice feeling inside?

Blue gingham seat covers sound great. Need to see pictures please :) Penney

ChrisandPenney52 said:
Blue gingham seat covers sound great. Need to see pictures please :) Penney

Home sewn seat covers in favourite fabric (retro flowers for me) sounds fab :goodone

+1 for pics please and are they backed with water resistant fabric or fabric on its own?

Worked my fingers to the bone for months.... :lol:

Archie,

I just read your list to my wife she is now determined to get ready for the new season. Our only readiness so far was winter tyres for skiing over new year.

She loved the gingham seat covers idea but then was a little less keen when she found out your wife sowed them. :lol: she is still working on a small postcard sized cross stitch 11 years later.

Having just visited the folk awards on Wednesday night we are keen to book up some small festivals this season.....

Hey Archie - where'd you get the half price dog? :)

I'm sure they won"t be to everyones taste.....
We are (sorry Ceri is :lol: ) still working on the arm rests and head rests.
They are just plain material with neat ties around the back (albeit expensive Jane Churchill material from when Ceri used to work there). No idea how long they'll last, whether they will be sweaty etc but seem ok so far.
The back seat was done last year in a rudimentary fashion to keep the kids sun tan lotion / general grime off :smile and needs further fitting but still looks ok after a years use.

I'm tempted to say orders taken but I think it would be the last you or anyone else hears from me!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Half price dog ! :goodone
Ceri got the dog, I got a Cali. Fair exchange I think..........

DSC03667-10.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pictures Archie, please tell your wife I'm seriously impressed that she did front seat covers. I wouldn't even think about those with my very basic skills :eek: The problem for me is that I love cooking but my kitchen looks like a bomb site when I'm finished so I think some kind of cover for the rear bench is a necessity. Just planning something that can be thrown in the wash easily and probably nowhere near as nicely panelled as yours.

Ps enjoy your wee tipple, sounds fab.

Back