The Crafter Kampervan

dspuk

dspuk

Dave
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Spotted a link to this over on the FB page and it's a super interesting vehicle. Dropped in the Grand Cali thread as closest relative but I could see a lot of interest in this if made avail in the UK. Currently on backorder in Australia. 133 Aussie Dollars ish - GBP 77K.

They had 69 for sale and sold out in 12 hours.

Krafter.png

That is one, I would consider.

Spotted a link to this over on the FB page and it's a super interesting vehicle. Dropped in the Grand Cali thread as closest relative but I could see a lot of interest in this if made avail in the UK. Currently on backorder in Australia. 133 Aussie Dollars ish - GBP 77K.

They had 69 for sale and sold out in 12 hours.

View attachment 104402

I looked at this too. Great standard spec. I am tempted as my brother in law lives there so we could do a big trip and leave it before shipping home-hopefully missing getting hit with the vat. Maybe once I retire!

We're off to Oz in May for a campervan trip. Looking forward to seeing the differences compared to the UK, not just vehicles but camping sites too. I must admit that VW Kampervan appeals to me too!

It seems such an obvious vehicle for VW to produce for Europe. Just a shame it doesn’t sleep 4, although I know you could attach an awning. We saw a Crafter conversion while travelling in South Devon, and it looked very similar to this one.

We're off to Oz in May for a campervan trip. Looking forward to seeing the differences compared to the UK, not just vehicles but camping sites too. I must admit that VW Kampervan appeals to me too!
We did this as part of our round the world trip back in 2006. Took a van from Brisbane down to Sydney, venturing inland to the National parks, Blue Mountains etc. Some of the remote camping is like no other. You pay a few dollars in an honesty box and that’s it. Very basic facilities but who cares when you just have wallabies and kookaburra’s for company. Have a great trip, its an incredible country.

Oh I LIKE that! Yup, If I wanted to go bigger it would do it for me :thumb

Erm, that really is smart. Why didn't they do this with the GC?

Had a marketing email from RP saying that the last few slots for 2024 builds are filling up. Definitely a demand for Crafter size vehicles.

Last edited:
Nice looking camper. Where is it made? Doesn’t seem to use any GC bits other than the crafter base so perhaps a 3rd party conversion build in Oz?

Nice looking camper. Where is it made? Doesn’t seem to use any GC bits other than the crafter base so perhaps a 3rd party conversion build in Oz?
It is by a 3rd party but sold through VW. It says in the sales bumf online

Ah … yes, found it …Jayco. Saw a few Jayco builds of various types when we were last in Oz. Pretty popular brand out there, looks like an Australian based converter/builder.

Back