Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The fun bus

J

JudasHerb1234

Vehicle
Please Select
Hi, new member, long time owner. I have a 2006 VW California bought about 10 year back, but she's finally starting to show her age. We've been around most of Europe and never had an issue, done about 80k miles of worry free camping. Now starting to get electrical issues, fridge stopped (trying to fit a new controller now if I can get my fingers in there), taps stopped (changed micro switch) and now to leisure batteries are playing up (charge from mains good, from engine nope, so thinking generator/fuse but then again 3 days of camping and they were flat so a short?). Anyway, our Cali has been great, and I'm not giving up on her so hence joining this site to learn more...and hopefully help out with the little knowledge I have.

:welcomeJD1234

plenty of info on battery type / replacement, you’ve done well to get 10 years from your SB, let alone the LBs

Is it possible the fridge has packed up because of low voltage from the LBs , they have a sensor to shut the fridge down when the LBs drop below a certain charge ?

we love a piccy or two of a nice Cali :thumb

Last edited:
VWCLUB2.jpgVWCLUB1.jpg

On this particular trip we had to fit snow chains to get up the Pyrenees.