The need to customise

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I came across this photo today and thought it was worth sharing. It's from a converter (boo / hiss from many of you I know) "Dirty Weekender Van Conversions". I met them at the Esdale meet last year. Their customers go touring together such is the strength of their brand. They convert with the best bits (Reimo in particular) but also offer the ability to customise the interior in any way you want...such as the library theme in the photo.

I quite like the stock / calm / grey of the Cali, but many here feel the need to customise / personalise, so their website / facebook page may offer some inspiration.

custom.jpg

What a great individual van, do you think the units are printed on or is it vinyl??

What a great individual van, do you think the units are printed on or is it vinyl??
I think it's printed vinyl. They regularly post not dissimilar vans on their Facebook feed, but this was one of the more striking. I guess you can let your imagination run riot.

I am constantly trying to find things to customise on my beach to make it more my own but never seem to find anything.

@T4WFA Thanks for sharing. I like to see customized vans, of course everything is a personal choice and each to their own. However it's a great to see how owners change their pride and joy into somthing unique! I also like to fallow different threads on tumblr about the same topic.

(personal I am more on the "understatement/stealth" road :) )

Not sure, seat covers may be a go when the leather style ones are available.

I am still waiting on mirrors and a streamer to be painted at my local body shop, and I do have a zunsport grill to fit too.

My T25 is utterly unique to me, every detail from seats to paint to kitchen was designed or chosen by me. There isn't another exactly like it anywhere. I think that's why I get the desire to make the beach less like other beaches.

The reality is there isn't much you can do as its pretty much there from the factory aren't they.

Things I fancy doing:

• Some nice angel eye style headlights or modify some maybe colour code the internals
  • Side bars (probably black).
  • Need to fit fogs when weather improves.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but where and how much for leather seats

Thanks

Looks great and I like the flowers

Not too gay then!! :pinkbanana

I loved the look of the Euro only "edition" Calis in white/black.

I'd like to do a full carbon/composite interior for the Cali.
It's such s blank canvas, possibilities are endless.

Very tempted by customised graphics reflecting our lifestyle preferences - dogs, bikes and kayaks.

I actually really like the alternative pop top fabric colours. I have even thought about turning ours two tone with a wrap, but haven't quite been brave enough yet to do it:D

Last edited:
The Best Customisation - Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 08.04.16.jpg

Not too gay then!! :pinkbanana

I loved the look of the Euro only "edition" Calis in white/black.

I'd like to do a full carbon/composite interior for the Cali.
It's such s blank canvas, possibilities are endless.

Someone on here did just that, i saw it at vanfest a few years ago and it looked great

Back