Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The T7 is here! Oh hang on, it's a Ford Transit ...

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Worth a watch though, some interesting features. Seems to be priced around 40k.

Reviewer seems fascinated with the parking sensors :confused:

That would seem to be a good competitor for the Beach. I wonder if it is registered as a Campervan?

Most unreliable cars I ever had were Fords. Would never buy another.

According to SMMT Vehicle Data, it is a Tourneo Custom 300 Trend E-Tec MPV

We have 5 Transit Customs on our fleet, a Connect, a Fiesta van and a Mondeo. We had some electrical issues with one of the Transits but apart from that (touch wood) no problems. They are pleasant to drive, quiet, look modern and can be serviced at the local Ford dealer 500 yards from our work address.

I did consider going for the Wellhouse when we changed ours earlier this year but plumped for a VW again due to it's automotive fittings and chairs/table in doors ingenuity :). Oh and the fact that there is a great forum for them :D

www.fordterrierclub.com doesn't have the same ring .... ?

We have 5 Transit Customs on our fleet, a Connect, a Fiesta van and a Mondeo. We had some electrical issues with one of the Transits but apart from that (touch wood) no problems. ?

Electrical problems? Shameful!! :shocked

Most unreliable cars I ever had were Fords. Would never buy another.
Just for balance, I've had around 25 vehicles from most makes in 30 years driving and *easily* the best all round vehicles, most reliable, cheapest to run were a '97 Mondeo and a 2002 Focus Zetec.

Just today was passing one of those transit customs on the motorway driving beside it , find it not that awfull looking , don't know how it looks inside or how good it drives doh...
If i had to make the choise wright now i would probally go for a Westfalia Club Joker City...
http://www.westfalia-mobil.net/modelle/club-joker-city/clubjoker-wohnen.php
Yes it looks great, but there is so much crammed in I wonder if you could swing a mouse in there, certainly never a cat! :D

Meaning the Transtit or the Westfalia?

Meaning the Transtit or the Westfalia?
Westfalia. Probably the Transit as well ... when all the stuff is in place. Transit Custom is a great drive, dash board is probably love it or hate it.

Forgetting the fact it is based on a Ford. The ease of removing the seats, turning the passenger seat round and the removable kitchen and storage pods should give some ideas to VW, who basically have made no changes to the seats and internal fittings for the past 10+ years.
Maybe the T7 will be a true step forward in many ways.:thumb

Looked at that Westfalia the other day too, incredible design especially in the Smurf Top full height version and pricing of extras very fair. No-one does the build quality like them, real shame they don't do the VW's 'officially' any more, would love to see what they'd come up with.

I nearly bought one of these before I got the Cali - the design before this was very good with the twin sliding doors for inside/outside access to the fridge and cooker and a cooker that ran from the diesel tank.

At the time they did not do a pop top and the price was approaching second hand cali prices.

Nice Club Joker reviews here (the Smurf version):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here (German):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe the VW T7 is not so far away...came across this on a German website. Not sure how up to date this is. It mentions 2017 but find that highly unlikely :)
t7-16f.jpg

Maybe the VW T7 is not so far away...came across this on a German website. Not sure how up to date this is. It mentions 2017 but find that highly unlikely :)
t7-16f.jpg

Look's like a Storm Trooper!

These are old photos that were knocking around ages ago.....I don't want to hear about T7's for at least 3 years yet!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

These are old photos that were knocking around ages ago.....I don't want to hear about T7's for at least 3 years yet!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

By the time we get to the T7 so Mercedes would have launched The James Cook on a Y class base...

well, y not?

I'm hoping that when the time comes to change ours something amazing will have come along that blows our socks off! If it's a Mercedes so be it.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Back