Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Ticking Clock!

Pinkietee

Pinkietee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Has anyone got the Discover Media Pro System? When the picture of the clock shows on the screen, the clock ticks. When I have an audio book on the clock also ticks. When I have just the navigation screen on, the clock ticks. It is nearly as loud as the indicator and its driving me mad, I've read the instruction book and can't find it mentioned anywhere. Can anyone tell me how to turn the ticking thing off please?

Has anyone got the Discover Media Pro System? When the picture of the clock shows on the screen, the clock ticks. When I have an audio book on the clock also ticks. When I have just the navigation screen on, the clock ticks. It is nearly as loud as the indicator and its driving me mad, I've read the instruction book and can't find it mentioned anywhere. Can anyone tell me how to turn the ticking thing off please?
Was the Discover Media Pro system fitted to the T5 SE?

In the off screen, does the clock show ?
if so can you scroll through the different clock types, using the volume button, or a swipe of the screen, left / right, there may be multiple dots on the screen indicating different clock settings ?
Changing the clock from analogue to digital May stop the the ticking ?
failing that, there must be a sounds setting in the set up menu ?

It can be retrofitted (the PQ)
That is big news. Those units were available ‘cheaply’ because they couldn’t be made to work in earlier vans, so this changes the advice to many owners looking to upgrade. Good find!

Check your profile, I think you still have a T5 se 180
Sorry, I know I changed it the day I collected the van, I must have done something wrong. I have corrected it now. 2020 T6.1.

In the off screen, does the clock show ?
if so can you scroll through the different clock types, using the volume button, or a swipe of the screen, left / right, there may be multiple dots on the screen indicating different clock settings ?
Changing the clock from analogue to digital May stop the the ticking ?
failing that, there must be a sounds setting in the set up menu ?
I will try this when it gets light, thank you.
That is big news. Those units were available ‘cheaply’ because they couldn’t be made to work in earlier vans, so this changes the advice to many owners looking to upgrade. Good find!
Sorry to mislead you but it doesn't look like this. Discover Media Pro is what it says on the invoice. Definately a new van, I can tell by my bank balance!

Sorry, I know I changed it the day I collected the van, I must have done something wrong. I have corrected it now. 2020 T6.1.
Might it just be a Smart Volume Control. Turn the volume down when the clock is on the screen without affecting the volume of the radio or other media when you switch to them.

I've tried the volume when the clock is on the screen and even turned the clock face off. Maybe its not the clock at all. I'll email Breeze and ask the question. Thanks for your input.

I know we got slightly off track with the age of your van, but the video linked by @Perfectos showed the newer unit working in older vans, which for a long time wasn’t possible, which is big news as the ‘how to upgrade stereo’ question is often asked.

Back