Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

control unit clock symbol

L

linethack

VIP Member
20170223_161532.jpg Just had new control unit fitted under warranty and 'clock and 1' symbol (see attached) in upper middle of display is confusing me. Listers who fitted the unit don't have any ideas. It isn't the heater programme as a different clock symbol appears when heater is programmed. Anyone out there know what it is??????

I always thought it had to be a program or a alarm setting but seems no one know what it means or how it gets there...
If any who knows please share it
:D
Try resetting the controlpanel by holding the "back" button on the botten right and see if it disappears.

Alarm setting??
No don't think so, I've been through the wake up, clock and display settings and nothing is set. I've kept the back button depressed and doesn't appear to reset either

It's a default setting to tell you that "clock " is selected as the centre display.

Press right hand knob on control panel, scroll to display and then set something that makes more sense.

I have no idea what that symbol means, it is totally useless so just get rid of it. If you set it to ambient temperature you get a nice picture of a Cali with a big thermometer beside it or set it to battery and it will tell you what your current loading and voltage is.

Sadly it does not have a wine-bottle level indicator or I would choose that :shocked

Last edited:
..... Always return the same subject on the display ... you can set the display of the "secondary battery" .. I have not yet figured out which one it is .. sure it takes a little bit of CRC in my tired brain ...

It's a default setting to tell you that "clock " is selected as the centre display.

Press right hand knob on control panel, scroll to display and then set something that makes more sense.

I have no idea what that symbol means, it is totally useless so just get rid of it. If you set it to ambient temperature you get a nice picture of a Cali with a big thermometer beside it or set it to battery and it will tell you what your current loading and voltage is.

Sadly it does not have a wine-bottle level indicator or I would choose that :shocked
Ok that's sorted it , thanks all! x

Back