Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thetford porta potti 335 question

RFH

RFH

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi, sorry if this is a daft question but hope someone can help clarify.
We are considering buying a thetford porta potti cube 335 and notice that the forum shop is selling two options for this product;
A) cube 335 bundle
B) cube 335 camping toilet with strap handle and protection tray

My question is 'is the strap handle and protection tray necessary and worth the additional expense?

Hi, sorry if this is a daft question but hope someone can help clarify.
We are considering buying a thetford porta potti cube 335 and notice that the forum shop is selling two options for this product;
A) cube 335 bundle
B) cube 335 camping toilet with strap handle and protection tray

My question is 'is the strap handle and protection tray necessary and worth the additional expense?
We put ours into the cupboard front first which leaves the handle free, a piece of carpet on the floor to raise it slightly and a small towel pushed in to ensure it will be secure completes the installation. The 335 is very stable in use and as far as we can tell is absolutely fragrance free. Number ones only!

Reactions: RFH
As we carry the cube since we had our Cali we are very happy with it.
As above it sits under the sink on the bottom of the warderobe to the right , need to raise the shelf a bit ( dill some extra holes) . The tray and the strap are no must haves imo. Althoug the strap can be handy to lift it out i guess for people with less power in the hands/arms.

We store ours in the boot until needed so no need for the tray and strap.

We only have the Brandrup tray and strap because it came with the van, if we purchased new we would just keep it in the boot under parcel shelf (thetford 335 fits perfectly)

Many thanks for the kind replies. Thanks to your advice and suggestions I am confident that the 335 cube bundle will suffice. Now we just need the Cali to put it in!
Much appreciated. :thanks:thanks:thanks

Many thanks for the kind replies. Thanks to your advice and suggestions I am confident that the 335 cube bundle will suffice. Now we just need the Cali to put it in!
Much appreciated. :thanks:thanks:thanks

Yes but you can practise with it meanwhile... :Grin

Digging up an old thread here as there seems to be enough toilet talk threads.

Can someone confirm if the 335 will fit in the left hand side cupboard (rather than under the sink) and if it’s easy to remove it with the rear bench all the way back?

The reason is I like the look of the extra drawers that fit under the sink that are for sale in the shop.

Thanks

Can someone confirm if the 335 will fit in the left hand side cupboard (rather than under the sink) and if it’s easy to remove it with the rear bench all the way back?

The reason is I like the look of the extra drawers that fit under the sink that are for sale in the shop.

Thanks
Don’t know for sure, but would be happy to bet that it won’t fit (unless you have the rear stops taken out and can push the bench seat further back).

Assuming the left hand cupboard is pretty much the same size as the right hand one then yes it will. I will go and measure in a minute.

It will fit in my T6.1 Ocean no problem but don't forget to take it out at night before you set up the downstairs bed up or you may need to go for a midnight walk!!!

I think the problem with the left hand cupboard may be more that the bench seat obscures the opening somewhat. Unless you removed the rear shelf so that you could slide the seat right back out of the way then I dont think you would be able to get the porta potti in/out.

We just started going out in our Cali (bought in december and not driven for 4 months...) and I bought the porta potti but didnt want to use for number twos but Mrs didnt like not having the option for emergencies so I also bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0797YCX15/?tag=eliteelect-21 recently and actually I think its a much better option. Takes up much less space folded away, seems more comfortable to sit on, the powder sachets turn liquid to gel and prevent any smell and you could do number two in emergency and just tie the bag up till morning and dispose of the whole lot in a dog poo bin. No need for chemicals or cleaning or anything like that.

We just started going out in our Cali (bought in december and not driven for 4 months...) and I bought the porta potti but didnt want to use for number twos but Mrs didnt like not having the option for emergencies so I also bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0797YCX15/?tag=eliteelect-21 recently and actually I think its a much better option. Takes up much less space folded away, seems more comfortable to sit on, the powder sachets turn liquid to gel and prevent any smell and you could do number two in emergency and just tie the bag up till morning and dispose of the whole lot in a dog poo bin. No need for chemicals or cleaning or anything like that.
We’ve carried a Bivvy Loo around for 2 years in case of emergencies.
It’s compact and lightweight, just sits in the drawer and is there should we ever need it.

Thanks

Answering my own question, no it doesn't, not without removing the rear parcel shelf and a lot of hassle.