Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of buying a Cali - a view 15 months on

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I thought I'd post some thoughts 15 months on from purchase. I've been using my Cali mainly in the Western Balkans, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro and Greece but a month ago left Balkans to return to UK (slowly). So far we've covered Italy including Sardinia, Corsica and Southern France. During this time we've driven the Amalfi Coast (no motorhomes allowed) and the most challenging of narrow mountain roads in Albania and Western Corsica. Once arriving in Italy from Albania we began seeing motorhomes (don't see these in Albania very often). They have been all shapes and sizes and some looked very inviting with all the mod- cons. We were also quite surprised to see large numbers of Cali's in Italy, Sardinia and Corsica and on campsites in France. The reason for this post is one thing... we are in no doubt that we have bought the right vehicle, yes some of the large motorhomes have it all but for us the Cali has it all. We have our own routine, what goes where and in what order when we set up or pack up and are both in agreement on our choice of vehicle. Some of the narrow town streets have been "narrow" and how many times we've driven under 2.2 metre signs. So if you're thinking of buying a motorhome we recommend a California. It's absolutely big enough for all our needs. Yes I have observations on how to improve things - given this is our first major trip but that's normal. Keep in mind that we are doing this with some of my excess baggage following 3 years in the Balkans and still managing fine.