Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This looks good anyone got one?

Looks ideal. We've got a similar but more complicated Quecha inflatable, that is probably better :thumb

Not seen that one but we have one made by Quest that pops up in under 30 seconds. It is genius see

Not seen that one but we have one made by Quest that pops up in under 30 seconds. It is genius see

Got to say Mr Onions, that is really impressive.
Since we have a new addition to the family I might need to consider some extra space :thumb

That looks good. I quite like the built in groundsheet of the Quechua though
Wondered what people thought of this. Looks rather good! Thoughts?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/air-seconds-base-xl-inflatable-camping-shelter-id_8358157.html

Anyone got one?

We've ordered one of these. Hasn't arrived yet but hoping early next week. It fits the bill perfectly as don't want the hassle of actually connecting an awning to the van but gives some useful extra space. Was originally going to order a decathlon base seconds until I saw how quickly this goes up.

We went with the Base II Seconds with my husband bumping into a soon-to-be Ocean owner at Decathlon....anyone on here?

It suits us but the one you've shown looks super too :)

We went with the Base II Seconds with my husband bumping into a soon-to-be Ocean owner at Decathlon....anyone on here?
Ah, sounds familiar :thumb The staff got the Decathlon video out to help with packing one of these away. The folks in the Reading store camping section were very helpful. It's a neat bit of kit - we'll be getting one when our wagon arrives. Enjoy your inaugural trip:)

We've ordered one of these. Hasn't arrived yet but hoping early next week. It fits the bill perfectly as don't want the hassle of actually connecting an awning to the van but gives some useful extra space. Was originally going to order a decathlon base seconds until I saw how quickly this goes up.
Hi Dan
Can u let me know how you get on with it please

I went for the Vango Kela 3 Low, after much deliberation it seemed to tick most boxes.

Geezso, I saw your pics the other day. Hope you're feeling better. I also have bought a Vango (but the larger kela II). How easy was it to use the drive away kit (I saw it detached from the van so assuming you had one). Need to get ready for the week after next...

Alison, I used the inbuilt kador strip and opened the awning about 300mm and got my wife to drive forward slowly enabling me to slide the strip out. If you don't have an awning this would be almost impossible. But while we were away the club kador/ figure of 8 kit came. That should make it very easy for me to do it myself. With Cali in place. My only concern is that the 6mm strip went in with ease, obviously no rain but the 6 to 4mm came and 4mm looks awful small, will try and have a dry run soon.
Gordon

Alison, I used the inbuilt kador strip and opened the awning about 300mm and got my wife to drive forward slowly enabling me to slide the strip out. If you don't have an awning this would be almost impossible. But while we were away the club kador/ figure of 8 kit came. That should make it very easy for me to do it myself. With Cali in place. My only concern is that the 6mm strip went in with ease, obviously no rain but the 6 to 4mm came and 4mm looks awful small, will try and have a dry run soon.
Gordon
Same here - I just tried my kador - I had ordered 6x6mm and what has arrived is actually 7x7mm (I don't have an awning but just the awning rail). I pulled the kador strip through and then as I was pulling the last part through it started coming out sideways - I was able to pull the whole thing off quite easily without threading it. Does not bode well for a storm.
Best add that my driveway kit was not ordered on the forum.

Go outdoors are bringing out a new drive away air beam awning in May, medium size Southampton manager showed us a picture last week. Looked quite good

Back