Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thoughts? Aftermarket t6 abt

• Thread starter thesquirrelpatrol
  • Start date
thesquirrelpatrol

thesquirrelpatrol

VIP Member
Just took the plunge on these abt alloys. Supposed to be £4K for under £1k almost too good to resist. Had some concerns about ride quality but my last t5 ran 18s on 255/45r18s and the ride didn't bother me, these are 275/40r20s so hopefully shouldn't be much different...

i think they look great, i was expecting a picture with the A team jumping out off it thought ;-)
Haha

Thankfully mr t will not be jumping out of anything. Mines black (without a team stripe) and due in September (having ordered in February!!!)

Cannot wait

Hi there. I really like these BBS SV rims. Fitted with 275/40/20 look good especially if you lower it. This is what I'm planning on fitting to my Cali soon.

image.jpeg

Reactions: RIK
N
Hi there. I really like these BBS SV rims. Fitted with 275/40/20 look good especially if you lower it. This is what I'm planning on fitting to my Cali soon.

View attachment 14999
nice!

I previously had 18s and thought they were fine, was a bit nervous about going up to 20s about the rise comfort but it seems a lot of t5/t6 owners have fitted 20s and they can't all be mad!!!!....maybe some....

The abts I bought off lk performance are supposed to be over £4K with tyres from abt uk but they are doing a crazy deal on them just now. Basically that's what swung me!

N

nice!

I previously had 18s and thought they were fine, was a bit nervous about going up to 20s about the rise comfort but it seems a lot of t5/t6 owners have fitted 20s and they can't all be mad!!!!....maybe some....

The abts I bought off lk performance are supposed to be over £4K with tyres from abt uk but they are doing a crazy deal on them just now. Basically that's what swung me!

Not for me, but love the look. Certainly a head turner.

Hi Squirrell, LK are near me. What's the deal on those alloys, is it advertised?

Be interesting how you get on. A few members of the T4/T5 Forum have been changing from 20" back to 18/17" because of the ride characteristics and Tyre availability at the correct rating.:thumb

Apparently last set. They said that they sold a set yesterday. Let me know how they fit as you might get your van just before mine.

There seems to be quite a few tyres in the right size at 106 rating. Seem to be SUV tyres.

Looking at a Bentley Bentayga today they have 21" wheels and looks very heavy,. So with the introduction of these types of vehicles you choice of tyres may be on the increase?

I don't think you even have to look as high as the wardrobe on wheels, my Discovery 4 has 20" rims and I've just Pirelli P zeros on. Plenty Range Rovers have 21/22" wheels now.

I believe you can run 20" 9J rims with either 275/35/20 or 275/40/20 tyres. The 40 aspect ratio will give you a little more tyre wall and thus "slightly" better ride. I've seen both sizes fitted and spoke to owners. The 40 aspect ratio look better IMO as they seem to fill the arches better and look a little more balanced on the van. As I said I'm looking to fit 20" mainly for aesthetics reasons and I appreciate its not to everyone's taste, (We are all individuals!) anyway , does anyone else have a view on optimum tyre size for 20's before I commit?

Is your suspension standard height Squirrell? I'm contemplating having the dealer fit the lower springs on delivery. Partly for car park clearance partly aesthetics.

Is your suspension standard height Squirrell? I'm contemplating having the dealer fit the lower springs on delivery. Partly for car park clearance partly aesthetics.
Ye it'll be standard suspension as I didn't want to lower given I might be on some uneven roads/off road at some point. Not an expert on this at all so will putting the bigger wheels on increase the ride height and therefore clearance in car parks?

Btw the abt wheels arrived today, look pretty awesome and I was happy with the amount of tyre profile, the 275/40s look like giving a good amount of protection against kerbing as the do sit out a little of the rim. I will post photos later.

I think with 40s the circumference will be a little bigger, thus your speedo might also under-read a small amount. I'm told 30s would be about the same circumference as the standard wheels. What brand tyres did they put on? Look forward to a picture!

i think the ABT wheels are the nicest wheels out there at the moment, now you have taken delivery could you please post some pictures with them on your Cali, as im thinking of getting some for my indium grey ocean when it arrives.

Paul
I don't take delivery of the Cali til September (hopefully) but when I do I'll put some photos up.

Back