Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tie down anchors

Norfolk Jim

Norfolk Jim

Trying to retire but there's always one last job..
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
They are meant to be good, but not used them myself

Get a good quality stainless steel carabiner and hook around seatbelt mount. I wrapped mine in cloth tape to stop any rattles. Work a treat and much cheaper and out of the way. For me that looks like broken toe bate!

Have you considered getting suitable T bolt and same thread lifting eye plus a washer

Get a good quality stainless steel carabiner and hook around seatbelt mount. I wrapped mine in cloth tape to stop any rattles. Work a treat and much cheaper and out of the way. For me that looks like broken toe bate!
On our old T5 conversion I used to use a climbing carabiner on a strop that I could adjust the length of. This would loop round the leg of the r&r bed near cupboards or when passenger seat swivelled it looped through the seat adjuster but nothing like that in Cali. He's a very clever long legged black lab 36kg so fixing needs to be good otherwise open the door slightly and he'll be out!. I think if some sort of fixing eye sat at front of rail closest to passenger seat it wouldn't be such a trip hazard assuming bed can still be pulled out......just thought the club shop rather expensive!!

Have you considered getting suitable T bolt and same thread lifting eye plus a washer
So you mean to make a copy? I did think about that but I'm not that near to place that would sell them.chesp enough......

Ah ha - think I've solved the issue. @Maidment_Ocean said they use a carabiner around the seat belt mount but i was concerned at him leaping out when door opens but of course hidden away is passenger seat belt mount - carabiner and shock absorber strop will work perfect and can be easily used both at night and during travel making it just short enough to stop escapes and no toe brakers!!

Yep - I could use him to tow me out of wet field lol.

I'll use passenger side seat belt anchor point

We have the adaptor that plugs into the seat belt socket one end and hound's collar on the other (from Pets Corner I think). On the old car she happily sat on the back seat with this arrangement, but we now find she slides off due to all the space (and slippery seat covers), so now I have attached a double ended training type lead to the seat belt adaptor and to the dog and she lies on her bed on the floor. No sliding around and no escape :thumb

(25ish kg GSP for reference)

Edited to add: Obviously not helpful if you need dog attached when using the bed!

Edited to add: Obviously not helpful if you need dog attached when using the bed!
WE tend to in case I need a trip outside :rolleyes:

The trick is developing reactions quicker than the mutt.
Our unit can be fast asleep, upside down in the van but if someone wanders past the pitch he can be at full extension, seat belt anchor fully engaged barking inside 2mS. Makes me jump every time!!

We have the adaptor that plugs into the seat belt socket one end and hound's collar on the other (from Pets Corner I think). On the old car she happily sat on the back seat with this arrangement, but we now find she slides off due to all the space (and slippery seat covers), so now I have attached a double ended training type lead to the seat belt adaptor and to the dog and she lies on her bed on the floor. No sliding around and no escape :thumb

(25ish kg GSP for reference)

GSP ? I read it as a German Shorthair Pointer... correct? Great dogs! It was myfirst dog... now on the the 5th and 6th Weimaraner. Also 27-30kg.

GSP ? I read it as a German Shorthair Pointer... correct? Great dogs! It was myfirst dog... now on the the 5th and 6th Weimaraner. Also 27-30kg.

Correct! She is lovely, but a massive baptism of fire as a first dog (ours too!)

I love Weimaraners, such a beautiful breed, but we were put off by their 'velcro' reputation (possibly misplaced?), and I thought they were bigger (the one in our puppy training group certainly was substantial!)

The trick is developing reactions quicker than the mutt.
Our unit can be fast asleep, upside down in the van but if someone wanders past the pitch he can be at full extension, seat belt anchor fully engaged barking inside 2mS. Makes me jump every time!!
Yep - this is very common misconception with labrador - can be upside down dreaming head off but slightest footstep noise (or at home different smell in the air) and blink of an eye full alert and deep bark - then 'food please' to shut them up or they keep awake with this fat tail banging on everything!!! Big bouns is during the day when door open and he's just hanging out side of van and one of those nosey parker type try to strike up conversation and a snoop he's in guard dog mode; keeps them away even though he'd lick them to death!!! This is the placid look

20220320_154343.jpg

Correct! She is lovely, but a massive baptism of fire as a first dog (ours too!)

I love Weimaraners, such a beautiful breed, but we were put off by their 'velcro' reputation (possibly misplaced?), and I thought they were bigger (the one in our puppy training group certainly was substantial!)
Spot on.... velcro it is! Ours are on a small size.... easier to push around in the bed.:)

Our T6.1 has tie down points. We use these. I also have the t-bolts.
I would say that they would not perform dynamically for the stated load, but fine for a dog.
Look for ones with a hex slot in the top as it can make it easier to install as you need to lock the bolt in place and then tighten up to bolt down.

Do you trip on them or bang you toes? I think i might put carabiner through base of passenger seat belt as the lead/strop can simply be pushed away when not on use and out of way when bed in use.

I need something on my T6.1 Ocean to tie the dog to when travelling and when stationary on site. I had looked the ones in the club shop but they do seem very expensive and seem to need fixing permanently in position. Having had a look around I cam across these 2 and wonder if anyone else has used similar?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081S8B2X8/?tag=eliteelect-21

Yes, we used one of these as we also considered the club shop one overpriced, but after a few toe bashing incidents amongst different family members, we relented and paid for the club shop one.

I had a couple of these laying about the workshop. Held in place by a couple of squared off stainless washers. They fit nicely on the floor rail and are rounded enough so there’s never been any toe-stubbing. Not particularly uncomfortable to stand on barefoot even.

Wichard 6mm folding padeye

IMG_3217.jpeg

I purchased four from Amazon in 2020, and have had no complaints, completely adjustable in the floor rails and good enough to secure motorbikes, dog beds and Karabiners

Back