Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

timewarp

Klakski

Klakski

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi y’all,

After 15 years of owning a t2b we decided to step into the future. From 1977 to 2015. DSC_0160~2.JPG_20200505_203509.JPG

It's like the first time all over again, getting to know your van and finding out what works and what doesn't.

Love both but the T2 edges it.... I have a T6 but love the old school and would love that T2

I sold our T2 for our California. Loved the old van but love the Cali more. Safer, more practical, quicker and more efficient. I have been to Holland, Belgium, Germany , Austria, France, Italy, Andorra, Switzerland and Spain in our van (including skiing). Couldn’t have done that in the old one. My profile picture is still me barefoot in ‘Orinoco’ though. It was cool ... but I’ve done much more cool stuff since swapping

thanks for the warm welcome and compliments.

Sometimes I still regret selling the bay, the noises, the slow pace but also the thumbs up you get, the pleasure of driving it and mending it along the roadside.

But, new adventures await us in our Bulli

You will soon get used to the comfort of a cali and not having cold legs in winter on the motorway in the bay .scraping the ice off the inside on my way to work was a fond memory:) loved our bay went everywhere in it .
No mod cons just loads of character and enjoyment but I’d never own another
Bin there done that many many times

:welcome Klakski
I’m a Former T2 owner, you will love the T5.1, no more slowing down when travelling up an incline !

Enjoy :cheers

Original old vans are obviously very sweet, but I am sure you will enjoy the newer one as much just without the rattles and bits falling off occasionally, haha. Have you named the newbie??

Same as other I had a 1970 low light bay -Phoebe- do miss her but don’t miss catching on fire twice and costly engine re builds and the dredded metal worm.

You will enjoy the confidence of knowing you will get to your destination under your own power:thumb:welcome

Original old vans are obviously very sweet, but I am sure you will enjoy the newer one as much just without the rattles and bits falling off occasionally, haha. Have you named the newbie??

Not yet, the old one we used to call "the Hulk" for obvious reasons

We have bought it in Ingolstadt so maybe "Ingo" or just plain Bulli. The numberplate doesn give many options with an H, Z and V in it.

How about the little white bull I from the song?

hmmm, in these days??? :oops::( Don get me wrong, I do like it but some people are easily offended nowadays:mute

I naively thought of the colour white and, compared to the Hulk, the fact it has got much more power....:cool:o_O