Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toasties in the Ridgemonkey.

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Tier 4 now and a pretty cold, bleak day, so at home in the kitchen, but easy and quick to do in the van.

Had quite a substantial brunch this morning and then grazed all day on treats & snacks whilst watching New Year’s day movies on TV, so just a light tea.

Brie, left over boiled bacon and spring onion toasties made from homemade bread (a mix of strong white & Hovis granary flour). Butter on the outsides.

The Ridgemonkey pans are really versatile. You can tell these get quite a bit of use: in the kitchen, the van, outdoors over charcoal and fire. These 2 are pretty old now, but still going strong. I also keep a new version with removable handles in the van permanently.

036054ED-5540-4658-A8B0-F6E7AF1831C0.jpeg

6FBFCC5B-15B3-4984-B1CB-1E595ABE227D.jpeg

562D9118-7719-4593-9184-04A1593B06AF.jpeg

Tier 4 now and a pretty cold, bleak day, so at home in the kitchen, but easy and quick to do in the van.

Had quite a substantial brunch this morning and then grazed all day on treats & snacks whilst watching New Year’s day movies on TV, so just a light tea.

Brie, left over boiled bacon and spring onion toasties made from homemade bread (a mix of strong white & Hovis granary flour). Butter on the outsides.

The Ridgemonkey pans are really versatile. You can tell these get quite a bit of use: in the kitchen, the van, outdoors over charcoal and fire. These 2 are pretty old now, but still going strong. I also keep a new version with removable handles in the van permanently.

View attachment 71319

View attachment 71320

View attachment 71321
Toasties on a cold day hit the spot. Do your ridge monkeys still have their non stick coating? It has peeled off badly on both of mine after not much use.

It’s the only thing I use the ridge monkey for.
Toasties, I love em...
:)

I got my RM out the van to use for the very first time. Googled RM on a induction hob.
Put RM back in Buzz
Made toastie in the toastie making bags in toaster :rolleyes:

Toasties on a cold day hit the spot. Do your ridge monkeys still have their non stick coating? It has peeled off badly on both of mine after not much use.
The coating’s fine in my old ones (can’t remember when I bought them but must be about 8 years ago when I think back). They’ve had all sorts of “abuse” and been used over charcoal, wood campfires and other fuels on my Kellie kettle and firebox stoves. I also must confess I‘ve used metal utensils, albeit quite carefully.

The new RM with detachable handles, that lives in the van, hasn’t been used much and only with the tools that come with it (they’re so handy). The non-stick seems robust, but time will tell.

Did you contact RM when your coating peeled? I’ve heard their customer service is quite good.

The coating’s fine in my old ones (can’t remember when I bought them but must be about 8 years ago when I think back). They’ve had all sorts of “abuse” and been used over charcoal, wood campfires and other fuels on my Kellie kettle and firebox stoves. I also must confess I‘ve used metal utensils, albeit quite carefully.

The new RM with detachable handles, that lives in the van, hasn’t been used much and only with the tools that come with it (they’re so handy). The non-stick seems robust, but time will tell.

Did you contact RM when your coating peeled? I’ve heard their customer service is quite good.
That’s odd mine lasted about 2 weeks, although you do strike me as somebody who knows how to cook. I think I burnt it off. I didn’t contact ridge monkey, it still works for toasties.