Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toppers

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
I've read a lot of the posts on toppers, most solutions are variations in....toppers!

Has anyone removed the mattress and replaced with a memory foam cut to fit back inside the vw mattress cover so there's no need to keep removing the topper when closing the roof?

Planning on a topper or new mattress so I'm investigating companies that cut memory foam to size/order.

I had one made for our last motorhome--used 'Foam for Comfort'--Leeds based. They have a website and will send a catalogue.

We've also been mulling over replacing the upper mattress with something the same height in some combination of foam, memory foam, and/or ZoneSleeper – so that we don't need to bother carrying a base duvet with us.

We're still undecided, but these are the things we've been considering: Would memory foam end up being indented by the bed slats, if it was in a cover? Would an inch of foam be better on the bottom? Is there any point having memory foam if you have a ZoneSleeper?

Any ideas welcomed!

Steve

Steve I think you would need something under a zonesleep topper, they are exactly that a topper. I have one for the lower bed & it does not iron out the different levels of the seat back & rear matress.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

I am meeting nick next week to develop a replacement upstairs mattress. It will either be made completely of memory foam or standard foam with a topper built in. It will allow the roof to close
Without removing anything :thumb I will keep you posted

Andy said:
Steve I think you would need something under a zonesleep topper, they are exactly that a topper

Sorry being confusing: I meant would all three together (foam + memory foam + ZS) make sense?

Calikev said:
I am meeting nick next week to develop a replacement upstairs mattress. It will either be made completely of memory foam or standard foam with a topper built in. It will allow the roof to close
Without removing anything :thumb I will keep you posted

Cheers, Kev - that sounds great :thumb

Back