Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upstairs bed dimensions

Do you mean size Tom? Half way between a standard double and a single I know. I know the bottom bed isn't uniformly rectangular, but the top?

Do you mean size Tom? Half way between a standard double and a single I know. I know the bottom bed isn't uniformly rectangular, but the top?

It’s supposedly 120 cm wide which would class it as a ‘small double’. I’ve taken a punt & bought a small double memory foam mattress, I’ll post a picture either way and a link if it works out! I’m getting the van back tomorrow, mattress should arrive ~Thursday.

The original upstairs foam mattress is awful, and whilst sleeping downstairs is great it’s not always convenient re-arranging your living space every night!

No - I meant shape. It tapers in at the foot.

But forget that - I'm sleeping in the upper berth right now and can see that a rectangular mattress would fit perfectly on top.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

It’s supposedly 120 cm wide which would class it as a ‘small double’. I’ve taken a punt & bought a small double memory foam mattress, I’ll post a picture either way and a link if it works out! I’m getting the van back tomorrow, mattress should arrive ~Thursday.

The original upstairs foam mattress is awful, and whilst sleeping downstairs is great it’s not always convenient re-arranging your living space every night!

I agree the upstairs foam mattress is dreadful! How was the small double? am thinking of doing the same myself - to try it before forking out on the £300 versions that are made to fit

I agree the upstairs foam mattress is dreadful! How was the small double? am thinking of doing the same myself - to try it before forking out on the £300 versions that are made to fit
How did the small double work out - I've spotted this and figure it's worth a try. I'm wondering how thick you can go on the top with the roof still shutting on. This is 7.5cm but there are thinner ones. It just seems a great price.

How did the small double work out - I've spotted this and figure it's worth a try. I'm wondering how thick you can go on the top with the roof still shutting on. This is 7.5cm but there are thinner ones. It just seems a great price.
Although looking through some of the reviews the price might be for a reason.

Although looking through some of the reviews the price might be for a reason.
yes the reviews dont look that good :(..oh the research goes on..may even go for a comfort Duvalay initially as husband doesnt seem to have a problem..its just i like the idea of leaving the mattress up there and just not thinking about it or storing it..may have to take the plunge and spend £300!

I have 2 Duvalay's and I'm pretty sure they're too thick to leave up top.

I'm thinking of trying to find a suitable sized inflatable that would fit underneath the thin OE mattress and I'm sure (deflated) that would be okay to leave up top.

I have 2 Duvalay's and I'm pretty sure they're too thick to leave up top.

I'm thinking of trying to find a suitable sized inflatable that would fit underneath the thin OE mattress and I'm sure (deflated) that would be okay to leave up top.

@Pete M did you find one?

@Pete M did you find one?
Yes, Vango California BUT it is only 1000 wide so leaves 100mm each side (work that logic) which we kept rolling into LOL. It's partly foam filled so self inflating to 75%,, thought the roof would quish it enough to be able to leave it up there but first attempt failed, I think if I deflate manually and leave the valves in the loft hatch space (i.e pull the whole thing forward 4 inches) it could work, I'll update after the weekend.
Tried it underneath but we find the OE mattress too hard.

Wondering about getting the Vango California self inflating mattress upstairs - did you find out if it can it be left there and still close the roof (when fully deflated). Stupid question but does it go on top of the existing foam or straight on the slats?
Thanks

No - I meant shape. It tapers in at the foot.

But forget that - I'm sleeping in the upper berth right now and can see that a rectangular mattress would fit perfectly on top.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Or the head, depending on which way round you sleep :D, Tom. It tapers symmetrically at the low end In an Ocean.

Wondering about getting the Vango California self inflating mattress upstairs - did you find out if it can it be left there and still close the roof (when fully deflated). Stupid question but does it go on top of the existing foam or straight on the slats?
Thanks

Be very careful when closing the roof with additional bulk stowed up top; it's easier than you think to crease the roof on the sides.

Back