Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Transferring MP3 files from SD to HDD

Dylan

Dylan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I've just installed a RNS 510 and all seems to be fine, but the HDD does not show when Media is selected. In Setup it does say that 18 GB is available, but I don't know how to load the HDD from the files on the SD card. The SD music does play. I've heard that the HDD will not show until it has files on it, but there is no indication how to copy onto the HDD. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I see you are a VIP member. The RNS510 user manual is in the Download section. See page 30. Basically you scroll the tracks on a CD or SD card. Press the function button beside the track and you have 2 options. Play or Copy to HD.
The HD will be available once it has something on it.

I see you are a VIP member. The RNS510 user manual is in the Download section. See page 30. Basically you scroll the tracks on a CD or SD card. Press the function button beside the track and you have 2 options. Play or Copy to HD.
Thank you. I will have a look at the Download.

Although SD cards are bigger than the available HD space nowadays .... cheap too. I tend to use my old iPod Classic as it's easier to use, but it has a habit of often starting back at the first track, a bit like Groundhog Day every time you switch the ignition on :D

I have the MDI usb connector with a 32GB usb stick and it has 16 days + of music. Keeps me going. As you said motacyclist you can get 32GB SD cards for about £10 nowadays more than the spare capacity on the HD, which might be needed for Sat Nav updates.