Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tricked-up T4 Cali for sale...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Gerade bei #eBayKleinanzeigen gefunden. Wie findest du das?

Check out the mods on this T4 for sale in Germany...
Notably the rear sliding drawer, converted cupboard door (to sliding)...

That is one clean well presented van. It should get snapped up.

Some nice touches there.

intrigued by the fold-out flap to bridge the gap left above the front seats when the roof is down - not see this anywhere before, suspect this is a one-off, but not sure of the purpose?
Like the under-seat safe on the drivers side - anyone know what brand thats likely to be?
There seems to be a cup-holder fitted into the old ash tray, guess that too is a custom job...
An expensive van, but a lot for the money...

Agree on the roof flap thing, can’t quite understand its purpose?

I like the sliding door conversion. He’s done a nice job. Must have cut the edge trim off and moved the fridge panel inwards. I’ll be rolling that one out soon.

It’s an absolute peach of a van. Having owned the same van for three years now I wouldn’t hesitate to spend that cash. You’d struggle to sell it on, especially in this country with it being LHD but you’d have an awesome van that would outlast you. They simply don’t make them like that anymore.

We'll of course be expecting many pictures of your cupboard conversion!

I thought all T4 Cali's were LHD?

A few additions I recently added to my cali, some lights in the tailgate and a boot drawer. Makes life a bit easier!!4B7C01CF-E761-4890-9F56-B5936ED033E0.jpeg6C62B2AF-A87A-489F-AB65-8BFFCA8FCFE1.jpeg3CCBB429-4753-4CE9-8342-4BDF171E9213.jpeg

Nice... Like the lights (stealing that one!).
And the drawer, did you make that yourself or buy it (if so where from)?

Nice... Like the lights (stealing that one!).
And the drawer, did you make that yourself or buy it (if so where from)?
Yea the lights are great, when loading/unloading.
The drawer I got made by a local motorsport fabrication company. I supplied the rails and they supplied and fabricated the rest. Its a nice job.

Be interesting to see the drawer in more detail...
Did you hard wire the lights or are they battery stick-ups?

Be interesting to see the drawer in more detail...
Did you hard wire the lights or are they battery stick-ups?
I’ll send on more photos when it stops raining!! Its like everything, when you makr something, there is always a way to improve it further, could have made it slightly wider.
Yea hard wired the lights to the leisure battery, little switch beside one of them.

So I’m back from Switzerland and got round to taking a few photos.
It turned out very good for a first attempt, could be refined more if you had your own workshop and time.
But on my recent trip, it was dead easy to slide out the drawer with everything easy to reach, no need to move stuff out if the way.

7D399071-ABC2-439C-BF9F-EF5A7DF79A9E.jpegA97B56C9-CC60-451C-8CD5-D944BC87998D.jpeg

4486B349-3AF1-41DB-ACAF-013BA2C8EF60.jpeg

C40B062C-E282-49B9-AEBF-B30CD78AD6C2.jpeg

05364B03-F0D7-417D-AA7C-C371EB687F08.jpeg

AB804FA6-61F7-471A-BA60-8A31B65F5852.jpeg

It looks great, guessing it wasn't cheap...
Doesn't it block the gas cupboard?
Are the only anchor points into the floor rail?
What's the weight rating of the runners?

It cost a bit, but I bought the rails myself. then the materials and halve a day for fabrication.
Yes it blocks the door for the gas, but I've removed the hinges to allow the gas bottle door to slide in to place, although I'm not happy with that setup, so I'll have to go back and tidy it up a bit.
Yea I've just used two anchor points in the rails, but could add two more to the rails. At the rear I've used some rally car mudflap material as a shim to raise it up a bit.
The weight rating of the runners is 120 KG each, but it will never have to hold that much.

Well it does indeed look very professional. Any ideas as to the overall weight of the drawer?
Also, would you have a link to those runners? :thumb