Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ultimate storage t6 ocean

M

Mervyn kennedy

VIP Member
Hi all
Not sure how many people have a storage drawer wher the slide through panel is under bench seat .while every one looks for more space and this is a huge amount of space in ours anyway wasted and not accessable for anything .
So I fabricated a long box 600 mm long 170 mm wide and I think 200 high out of aluminium .welded in ends on each side .
Ours has the compressor tucked away at the booth end so that had to come out and the oval head bolt and rivers that the gray panel hinges down on .one screws out other two had to wring them off.
I do think you can order a pocket here info you have a spare sheen but we don't and the compressor is stationed here so couldn't get it .
I fitted two soft closed rails to side of bench seat and drilled and tapped side of new box .
That in place next was to fit panel to front of drawer which wasent as easy as I thought as this sits at an angle .
Used two stainless steel pieces and glued them to rear of panel after taking off the plastic bracket that hols it in place .
Then using m5 stain steel bolts long for adjustment tapped and screwed to stainlesssteel panel top and bottom .ddilled in to drawer screwing out front panel to get it just right then cutting and using dome head ss nuts inside drawer . Put a draw cord out through front of drawer to open it and this is what it looks like .sure some one is going to show one Done in Germany or somewhere but this is the first I have seen . We use it for fruit and some treats and food .breakfast items etc .
Anyway have a look .

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

Last edited:
Hi all
Not sure how many people have a storage drawer wher the slide through panel is under bench seat .while every one looks for more space and this is a huge amount of space in ours anyway wasted and not accessable for anything .
So I fabricated a long box 600 mm long 170 mm wide and I think 200 high out of aluminium .welded in ends on each side .
Ours has the compressor tucked away at the booth end so that had to come out and the oval head bolt and rivers that the gray panel hinges down on .one screws out other two had to wring them off.
I do think you can order a pocket here info you have a spare sheen but we don't and the compressor is stationed here so couldn't get it .
I fitted two soft closed rails to side of bench seat and drilled and tapped side of new box .
That in place next was to fit panel to front of drawer which wasent as easy as I thought as this sits at an angle .
Used two stainless steel pieces and glued them to rear of panel after taking off the plastic bracket that hols it in place .
Then using m5 stain steel bolts long for adjustment tapped and screwed to stainlesssteel panel top and bottom .ddilled in to drawer screwing out front panel to get it just right then cutting and using dome head ss nuts inside drawer . Put a draw cord out through front of drawer to open it and this is what it looks like .sure some one is going to show one Done in Germany or somewhere but this is the first I have seen . We use it for fruit and some treats and food .breakfast items etc .
Anyway have a look .

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

Last edited:
Hi all
Anyway have a look .

View attachment 23424

View attachment 23425

View attachment 23426

View attachment 23427
That is excellent work! I'm very impressed and envious. I'd be interested in commissioning one although I know that the time it takes would command a high price.

We tend to use the space for skies and kayak paddles. I thought that VW make a drawer unit instead of the pop out panel there too......?

That is excellent work! I'm very impressed and envious. I'd be interested in commissioning one although I know that the time it takes would command a high price.
Thanks for your words and yes time is always the problem .if I only had more time I would be able to view things a little differant .
By any chance did you see the rear pullout drawer I did last year on our last years t6 . I could sell these if I had time .
Thanks

Thanks for your words and yes time is always the problem .if I only had more time I would be able to view things a little differant .
By any chance did you see the rear pullout drawer I did last year on our last years t6 . I could sell these if I had time .
Thanks
Just checked it out. That's exactly what I'd like to fit in mine. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep an extending pole in there. It means I can keep the tailgate open with bike rack and a bike on. Its about six foot in length... But that drawer looks great.

If you don't have a spare wheel, that's where vw put the tyre repair and compressor!

This storage box is very usefull indeed. We had this option and do not regret it. However it should come as standard! I have the impression it is not such a popular feature in the option list.

Nice work. But not everybody needs a drawer there as stated, hence it being in the options list and not standard fit. We use the space between the bench and units to store our rather sturdy wind break.

I keep an extending pole in there. It means I can keep the tailgate open with bike rack and a bike on. Its about six foot in length... But that drawer looks great.
I've been looking for an extending pole but can't find a suitable one. Where did you get yours from?

There's a download in the VIP section on how to convert that space into a drawer using the VW parts.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/resources/guide-to-fitting-extra-drawer-under-bench-seat.37/

I bet your's was somewhat cheaper...
I have attempted to open the link (using different formats) but it just will not open. Do you happen to have a hard copy of the instruction / parts etc.

Thanks in anticipation.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/resources/guide-to-fitting-extra-drawer-under-bench-seat.37/

I have attempted to open the link (using different formats) but it just will not open. Do you happen to have a hard copy of the instruction / parts etc.

Thanks in anticipation.
Lets see if this works

Have a try here:-

Still didn't work accessing through tapatalk but both did on a web browser. Very odd

Mike

As above edited my post. Works for me through web browser not through tapatalk

Mike

As above edited my post. Works for me through web browser not through tapatalk

Mike
Thank you. Works fine in browser.

Thank you. Works fine in browser.

I spoke too soon. Every application I try to open the PDF in says the document is corrupted.

Something odd going on but I have managed to download the PDF. If you care to PM me your email I'll send it to you.

Mike

Mike

Back