Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unidentified interior objects

Hi Levitated, we don't have permission to see your pics on Google Drive.....

Welcome to the group anyway! :thumb

Thank you for the welcome. Could you try the links again please?

Links working Ok, but sorry can't help resolve your questions. Doubtless someone will though. :)

Hi and welcome here, don't have a t4 but could this red cable be a + coming from one of the batts to the inverter or so..
Maybe the previous onwer did some DIY...
Splitting up in two in that black box , or could be a fuse in that black box.
Is there no technical advise on the t4 section of the forum....

Where are all the t4 owners.....! This guy needs help....;)

The cable looks non standard to me. Judging by the size it looks battery related.
Trace it , see where it goes. Is it live?

What model of Cali do you have?

Where was the drawer fitted?

S.

Actually, it could be mains related (240 hook up).
Plug in your hook up and see if it's live.

There's no wiring in my van that looks like that and it doesn't look like westy style wiring, so I would agree that it is likely a modification, so worth tracing to find out what has been modified. Maybe the charger has been changed?

You can get to the electronics area by sliding the seat all the way forward and removing the lower panel under the fridge (it's 2 or 3 screws, then pull out on the lower grating). That will expose the charger and fridge electronics and give you another view of where that cable is going.

Additionally, the panel under the B pillar is easily removed and exposed the wiring for the 240v sockets, fuses and in mine the split charge relay (under the fridge in later models).

The draw is non standard as well, Westies only had one drawer - under the sink (and has a cutout for the u-bend). Guess there are some additional runners in one of the cupboards? The alcohol stove models have a sliding out shelf under the stove to get access to the fuel containers, not sure what is there on the gas cooker models.

Hope that gives some direction.

I've taken a look at the pictures on a bigger screen now, I couldn't see properly on the phone. The cable doesn't go anywhere does it?

Maybe a previous owner had something in that cupboard that required power? Think I'd trace it back to it's origin and remove it.

Hi all! I just joined today. We bought our first campervan about a month ago now. We are in love with it. It’s a 1992 westfalia. I just came across this old post and just want to say that our bus has this exact cable with the bit on the end in the same place under the sink. I haven’t yet worked out what it is for.

Hi all! I just joined today. We bought our first campervan about a month ago now. We are in love with it. It’s a 1992 westfalia. I just came across this old post and just want to say that our bus has this exact cable with the bit on the end in the same place under the sink. I haven’t yet worked out what it is for.
It looks like a fuse to power an amp.