Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

'Unladen weight' - California T5 SE DSG

T

Tomcali

VIP Member
Does anybody know what the official 'unladen' weight' is for a VW California SE DSG 180 PS?

I believe 'unladen weight' is defined as no fuel and no driver.

How would one proceed in producing a reliable source of evidence regarding the 'unladen weight'?
(traceable to national standards - calibration of equipment).

What is considered to be the acceptable / official type and accredited weighing equipment?

Many thanks to all of the experts out there and wish you all the very best in the season of goodwill unto others.

Have a look on your V5c document.
Mine180 DSG is: 2513.0 Kgs Unladen apparently.

Alan

Have a look on your V5c document.
Mine180 DSG is: 2513.0 Kgs Unladen apparently.

Alan

Hi Liz/Alan,
Thank you for your response.

I've taken a peek at the log book.

The V5C at section 4. 'Vehicle details' states:-
(Y) 'Revenue weight"
G "Mass in service"

Do any of these terms relate to 'unladen weight' ?

Hi Liz/Alan,
Thank you for your response.

I've taken a peek at the log book.

The V5C at section 4. 'Vehicle details' states:-
(Y) 'Revenue weight"
G "Mass in service"

Do any of these terms relate to 'unladen weight' ?
The figure I quoted above is Revenue Weight. The Mass in Service figure is not entered on my V5c document.

Completion of these documents seems variable and, I think, dependent on the relevant dealer completing the form at registration.

Alan

Does anybody know what the official 'unladen' weight' is for a VW California SE DSG 180 PS?

I believe 'unladen weight' is defined as no fuel and no driver.

How would one proceed in producing a reliable source of evidence regarding the 'unladen weight'?
(traceable to national standards - calibration of equipment).

What is considered to be the acceptable / official type and accredited weighing equipment?

Many thanks to all of the experts out there and wish you all the very best in the season of goodwill unto others.
7330CDCF-BA44-43E5-914D-ABF8AEB0CDE7.jpeg C8FF245E-E16C-483B-9436-2EAFC173D03D.jpeg

Hi Welshgas - can I ask where this info is from? Being asked by RAC, and no relevant (California specific) information in the owners manual or cali supplement that I can see. My V5 has unladen weight only.
The 2014 Sales Brochure.
There are Sales Brochures for download in the Resources section.

Back