Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Updating my Cali Beach

P

PersonaNonGrata

The time has come to update my California Beach - and that's going to be with another 3-seat Beach because this format suites us so well.

Basically the question is about the best time to buy. The VW dealers seem to have quite a few vans that were registered March / April 2018 that haven't sold (or were used as hires). Should I wait for the weather to turn bad in the hope that the prices will deflate for those vans that didn't sell?

Another thing.... has anyone noticed the massive variation in prices of these vans? It's almost like the dealers decide which vans they are going to try and sell - and all the others are given daft, high, prices, Is this deliberate?

I spent ages on the VW used site & my thinking is that it comes down to volume. The dealers only selling a few need a higher margin & rely on people not travelling to buy.

I discovered inadvertently that now is a good time to buy as I think the dealers like to fill their quota for the year. I think this then effects how many they are allotted for the following year. I just ordered a Beach & have a delivery estimate of Oct/Nov.

I spoke to loads of dealers and looked at many nearly new.

Nearly new always seemed to not have one of the options i wanted so ended up with a ordsr, bit if i wasnt so picky with my options could have saved around 10% compared to the OTR price of an order.

As there are not that many for sale, they do sell quite quick in dealer showrooms and keep their price as some people just do not want to wait for an order.

Its very hard Second guessing delaers and Vw when to buy and will ultimately just mean more waiting. Good luck

Trying to second guess dealers implies they know what they are doing.....

Haha,
Trying to second guess dealers implies they know what they are doing.....
Very true, but theres a rare few that are good i their defence!. However, All VW dealers should have a touchscreen in the shoroom with a direct link to this forum!! Make their lives alot easier.

From what I saw last year, prices bottomed in late October / November. When you get into January, dealers will just hold stock until the spring uptick.

Now is probably the worst time with prices maxed for the summer hols.

From what I saw last year, prices bottomed in late October / November. When you get into January, dealers will just hold stock until the spring uptick.

Sounds good. No doubt mine goes down in price too, but the difference should be less.

I hope - otherwise might as well buy now.

Sounds good. No doubt mine goes down in price too, but the difference should be less.

I hope - otherwise might as well buy now.
Might be worth checking what We Buy Any Car might offer. Some Forum members have been very pleasantly surprised and I know one Forum Member was so pleased sold their California and purchased an immediate replacement.

Back