Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

upload photos - size too big...

A

alex_warner

Hi,

Just joined up... wanted to share all our nice trips in the Cali but the site limits photos to 1mb! :shocked

Havent got a flashy camera, just a plain old iphone... does this mean that no HD photos can be uploaded??

This would seem to exclude the majority of photos taken on todays cameras and smart phones... :doh

Thanks.

Hi Alex welcome looking forward to seeing your pictures :thumb I'm no expert but I think you just need to resize them if you have any problems email them to Martin. At. Admin@vwcaliforniaclub.com. I'm sure we can sort it out for you :thumb

Alex, the reason we only allow 1MB is to stop very large files being uploaded onto our server and using up the sites bandwidth.

The best thing to do is use an online image editor to reduce the size of your photo's, its takes just a few seconds to reduce them to under 1MB.

This is a good one: http://www.picresize.com/

Also alot of people on here link their images from flickr, photobucket etc .... which is also a good option as it saves you having to edit anything.

Thanks both, I just feel that to make the site more user friendly it would be worth allowing up to 2mb as the average picture now is 1-2mb. Resizing and using proxy photo sites may just lead to folk not bothering... You know how it is these days! :crazy Anyway hope you don't mind the observations. Cheers. :thumb

alex_warner said:
Thanks both, I just feel that to make the site more user friendly it would be worth allowing up to 2mb as the average picture now is 1-2mb. Resizing and using proxy photo sites may just lead to folk not bothering... You know how it is these days! :crazy Anyway hope you don't mind the observations. Cheers. :thumb

This is common to all the forums I've been on. I upload all my photos to photobucket and just link them into any posts i make.
Its dead easy and takes no time at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers,

I am now a proud owner of a photobucket account.

Have just posted some pics which seemed to go well.

:thanks

#learnsomethingeveryday :thumb

Have just opened a Photobucket account, PLEASE how do I transfer pics to this site !

Ron

It's pretty easy. On photobucket once you've created an account there should be an option on screen to upload your pics from your pc. Just follow the prompts and they'll save to the site.
Once uploaded there are image links etc under each pic. Click on the image link and this will copy the address into your browser.
Now all you have to do is go into a post you're currently creating on the forum and paste the link.
Once you submit the post your photo should appear by magic!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks "Freeley" for your help :thumb easy when you are shown how, have now posted a photo ! :thanks

Back