Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

uploading a photo

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Has anyone an idiots guide for this site???

dayslikethis said:
Has anyone an idiots guide for this site???
Uploading photos I mean.

Hi if you look underneath the submit button before you post a message you will see a button
That says upload attachment click this,it will bring up another box allowing to choose file
Once you have found it click add file wait for it to load and refresh then click submit
That should be it :thumb

Thank you for that - and her she is !!!!

day 1.jpg

Very Nice!

You are probably 100% aware of this as you seem to know about your photography (very nice website by the way, some beautiful photos!) but I thought I would mention that the photo you posted is giving a lot of information away in the meta data (phone make/model, time/date, exact gps location etc).

Jim

vw_liz said:
Very Nice!

You are probably 100% aware of this as you seem to know about your photography (very nice website by the way, some beautiful photos!) but I thought I would mention that the photo you posted is giving a lot of information away in the meta data (phone make/model, time/date, exact gps location etc).

Jim

Yes 100% aware, thank you anyway.

it is a pain uploading photo's ,so tend not to that much and always get it wrong ..... can someone maybe explain how most other forums some not very big don't have to resize and mess about with photo's and can just post them and the forum setup resizes for them ....?????
:smile

I have increased the file size for images to 2MB, the reason we have to limit this is because most modern cameras and (even phones) will take pictures of 30MB plus in size which causes massive problems on the forum.

People viewing the forum with high speed broadband will not have a problem, however those of us with a poor connection will have pages that take ages to load when a thread contains large images.

I notice alot of people now use Flickr, photobucket etc ... to host their images and then link to them from the forum - this is a perfect solution if you are able to do this.

We are currently looking for other solutions because at the end of the day we want to keep everyone happy.

:thanks

I notice many other forums now use TinyPic, this is really easy to use and does all the resizing automatically and takes just a few seconds per image.

1. Upload your photo to TinyPic.com

2. Once the upload is complete, copy the IMG code

3. Paste the IMG code within your post

Job done

Feel free to test it on this thread... :thumb

This is me trying the Tinypic method, using our guard dog (ha ha) as test :)
690sd4.jpg

i must admit this is the only forum website etc.... that i use where you have to mess about resizing photo's. Maybe i'm lazy ,but i suppose it stops me posting more photo's :laugh2

It must be in the making of the website whether or not the coding is in place to resize photos as they are being posted .... not a web geek and wouldn't know where to start... :smile

Something we are working on, the problem is so many images nowadays are 30mb plus which causes the forum to slow down. For some strange reason the forum is not automatically resizing them once uploaded.

I find Tapatalk to be the easiest way to select and upload photos and it gives a choice of reasonable sizes

As Chris and Penny say, Tapatalk is a good way to upload pics as they host them on their server so no need for resizing.

Also for people without Tapatalk you can use one of thsese websites to store your images and then link them to the forum:

Imgur http://imgur.com/
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/

If you need any help just give us a shout.

Hi there

We are trying to put a picture in the Avatar space without success.
The picture we want to use is on Photobucket and we have in the past successfully uploaded, onto this forum from there, any help would be welcomed.
:help

Hi there Martin
You are dealing with 2 computer idiots.
Where's your E mail address?

I have quite a few that need re-sizing and posting martin ...can i send them to you as well :smile :laugh2 :bananadance :upsidedown :lol: :thumb

All done for you :thumb

Anyone else that wants their avatar added just send them to me along with your username.

Lee, stop taking the pi$$ :lol:

Many thanks to the Admin guys :thanks --------------------------------------->>>>