Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Urgent fridge issue driving me crazy on holiday.

Minty

Minty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
After a couple of weeks of trouble free use whilst on holiday, the fridge has gone into a sort of back up mode. It just about works, but unable to change settings, and the error on the control panel keeps popping up saying: Error refrigerator box sensor. Refrigeration function is restricted.

However, the two worse problems are 1. The error keeps popping up and the ding dong warning goes off each time, and I’d like to sleep tonight. 2. I stocked up with lovely French food today that I’d rather not waste!

To mitigate the bing bong, I’ve unplugged from the campsite hook up.

Mamy thanks.

After a couple of weeks of trouble free use whilst on holiday, the fridge has gone into a sort of back up mode. It just about works, but unable to change settings, and the error on the control panel keeps popping up saying: Error refrigerator box sensor. Refrigeration function is restricted.

However, the two worse problems are 1. The error keeps popping up and the ding dong warning goes off each time, and I’d like to sleep tonight. 2. I stocked up with lovely French food today that I’d rather not waste!

To mitigate the bing bong, I’ve unplugged from the campsite hook up.

Mamy thanks.
There are 2 possibilities, the fridge has a problem OR the Control Panel is having a hissy fit.
Firstly, reset the Control Panel by removing 4 fuses together and then re-insert them. The Control Panel will then reboot and see if the fault returns. ( equivilent to switching computer Off then On ). If it does then a visit to Dealership required.

Many thanks WelshGas, I’ve found the fuses but slightly loathe to reset the control panel while relatively isolated on holiday. After taking out the access panel to the fridge base and leaving the cupboard door open for ventilation, it went back to normal operation for a few hours, and then reverted in the middle of the night and a bing bong awoke me.
Strangely, the warning error is now quiet, and I’ve reconnected the hook up. The fridge is still in restricted mode (or the control panel says it is) but keeping things cool, so I will leave things until it kicks off again!

IMG_1335.jpeg

Many thanks WelshGas, I’ve found the fuses but slightly loathe to reset the control panel while relatively isolated on holiday. After taking out the access panel to the fridge base and leaving the cupboard door open for ventilation, it went back to normal operation for a few hours, and then reverted in the middle of the night and a bing bong awoke me.
Strangely, the warning error is now quiet, and I’ve reconnected the hook up. The fridge is still in restricted mode (or the control panel says it is) but keeping things cool, so I will leave things until it kicks off again!

View attachment 114301
I presume it is hot where you are?
It could just be that it is too hot and the fridge is unable to work to the temperature set so has switched to a basic setting. Make sure the fridge side of the vehicle is not in direct sunlight, kitchen cupboard door open, access flap open and if you have a fan direct it into the access opening to aid Air circulation.

Yes it’s nice and toasty in Provence! I’ve been in Spain, Italy, Germany and France in hot weather for most of the Summer without issue, but I agree, and hope, it’s the likely cause, particularly after a supermarket replenishment.

Hi Welsh Gas, I wonder if you could direct me to the fridge fuse?

l think I’ll try pulling that before resetting the control panel. The fridge is still working in restricted mode.

Thanks

Hi Welsh Gas, I wonder if you could direct me to the fridge fuse?

l think I’ll try pulling that before resetting the control panel. The fridge is still working in restricted mode.

Thanks
I believe there are Fuse Diagrams in the Resources section.

Back