Urgent help required Radio removal

• Thread starter California_Clarky
  • Start date
California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi Al started the install of the sub woofer into the Cali this afternoon dismantled most of the dash however got to the point. I can’t seem to work out how to remove this head unit apparently there’s a little switch somewhere any advice appreciated

IMG_8008.jpeg

mib.png
You will need some VW radio removal tools, or if you can acces the springs, push them with some flathead screwdrivers.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Did the same myself a month or so ago and yes, you need removal keys. Cheap and easy to get on eBay, I bought these but pretty sure they are standard things so any will do.

Slides to the left and you can then get to the quadlock on the back. Took me a while to work out how to get that off, the brown plug out and the new one in.....!

Did the same myself a month or so ago and yes, you need removal keys. Cheap and easy to get on eBay, I bought these but pretty sure they are standard things so any will do.

Slides to the left and you can then get to the quadlock on the back. Took me a while to work out how to get that off, the brown plug out and the new one in.....!
Thanks for the reply

Back