Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using 907 bottle in a GC

M

murray0710

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
What do i need to connect a 907 bottle or is everything supplied? Do I need to buy the bit that screws into the top of the bottle?

Be interested to know this too as I intend to do the same when our GC arrives

You need one of these, it's just a tap.
DO NOT use one of the blue screw on regulators. The van already has the regulator.

907 gas.jpeg

The 907 is handy as its light & leaves most of the gas locker empty. I assume you have Diesel heating & water?

I would however recommend the use of one of these gaslight bottles, the bottle weighs very little & you get almost 4 x the amount of gas as a 907 for 20% more refill cost.gaslight.jpeg

Is this essentially the same as what come with the t6.1 California?
Exactly the same - the GOK valve from the club shop - or the one pictured on amazon for about £9.00 from memory, one of the hoses supplied with the van has the correct thread to fit.

The 907 is handy as its light & leaves most of the gas locker empty. I assume you have Diesel heating & water?

I would however recommend the use of one of these gaslight bottles, the bottle weighs very little & you get almost 4 x the amount of gas as a 907 for 20% more refill cost.View attachment 110316
Yeh that's right so just need gas for cooking, ill have a look into this, im assuming they are no heavier than a 907 if composite

Yeh that's right so just need gas for cooking, ill have a look into this, im assuming they are no heavier than a 907 if composite
empty 907= 3.7kg
empty gaslight = 5kg
empty "normal " steel bottle = 13.2kg

Thanks everyone. That is the ‘connector’ I was going to get. I’ve got an 11kg flogas I’m going to fit (I’ve got diesel for heating) but wanted to use the 907 when we pickup, due to space in the car, and also be able to use it as a reserve bottle.