Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using heated seats with Inka/VW waterproof covers fitted

Maud

Maud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have the Inka waterproof seat covers fitted in Ariadne but also use the heated seat a lot in the front. Now I am wondering if it is safe to do this or if the seat cover could become too hot and what the consequences of this might be... Does anyone else use the heated seats for long periods with the seat covers fitted?

:thanks
Maud

Perfectly safe the heated elements are deep in the seat cushion if they got too hot they would burn your trousers

Yep - use our heated seats all the time with Inka covers

Thank you, Teeboy and Buster; I will stop worrying and just enjoy the warmth then :thumb

:thanks
Maud

I don't have a cover on the drivers seat. As my butt spends more time in the van than anyone else's i decided that my butt can be treated to something a bit more luxurious than a waterproof bit of nylon.

I have them on every other seat as I have less consideration for other peoples butts and so far no one has complained of being scorched in the nether regions.

I am also anti nylon seat covers on by backside we opted for "Jackyard" seat covers as made of sailcloth no sweating bottom :oops: Also work fine with heated front seats. :thumb

Ours are fine with Inka seat covers, hated seats work great.