Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Uuni - Portable Pizza Oven

T6Beach

T6Beach

VIP Member
Whilst camping this weekend we noticed our neighbours had one of these and the pizzas looked amazing, anyone else used one?

I find a cadac with pizza stone much easier but certainly not as cool as this. :) How small does it pack down?

I find a cadac with pizza stone much easier but certainly not as cool as this. :) How small does it pack down?
Unable to measure at the moment but around 600x500x250. You can remove the chimney etc for transporting it and there is a travel bag available as it obviously gets sooty etc. inside. There is a knack to getting it burning right ( a swirling wind doesn't help) and lots of flames coming down the oven. Gets very hot and cooks a pizza in literally a minute. Due to its build and small burner it cools down quickly so we find teamwork is key, one person stoking the Uuni and getting it right, another quickly prepping the pizzas. Great fun though.

tried to post a video but didn't work.

If you can get the video onto youtube then a link to the vid should embed automatically once you post the link.

Would be very interested to see it in action, a very nice setup.

very disappointed not be ing able to use Cobb on majority of French campsites and yet all french residents appear to be able to use any old bbq in their gardens. My view is that the Cobb is very safe and unlikely to ignite surrounding area. May have to look at a Cadac. This pizza oven does look a great piece of kit.

hopefully these links will work, btw videos were just for fun not uploading so apologies if amateur.

very disappointed not be ing able to use Cobb on majority of French campsites and yet all french residents appear to be able to use any old bbq in their gardens. My view is that the Cobb is very safe and unlikely to ignite surrounding area. May have to look at a Cadac. This pizza oven does look a great piece of kit.
Just say it's a charcoal oven not a bbq. They won't know any different.

I've got one aswell......you can almost guarantee the first pizza will be a bit overdone.

But once you get the oven temp right.......you can be churning out pizzas in a couple of mins.

Here's the vid from the inventor of the Uuni2 in action, there is a newer version now. Uuni3 + a pro version if that takes your fancy.

There’s always the roccbox too. Wood or gas fired, folds away fairly neat...

I have got one of the original Uuni pizza ovens and I can confirm it is great. The pic above gives you an idea of what you can get. A lot of fun making pizzas too.

Love it - just back from camping with ours - was easy to pack down and ready to cook the first one in 15minutes. To add to the above - I've recently stuck a simple temp gauge on the top of ours - a basic magnetic one that lives on the wood stove pipe all winter (the Uuni usually is away for the winter so its perfect...) Have to say - in three years of having the Uuni this trick really made all the difference.

@MattBW Just for you Matt, showing how quick it is to cook a pizza. Caught it on one side but it's only a bit of charring not cremated lol. Very hot n' tasty. Cooked in 90 seconds.

Last edited: