Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

V-Auto by Vodafone - anyone have one?

Big Ted

Big Ted

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Vodafone V By Vodafone V-Auto https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B4KQHTS/?tag=eliteelect-21

I see these are now being sold off very cheaply and no longer feature on the UK Vodafone webpage.
For a minimal outlet and small reoccurring cost it looks a nice toy to have.

It looks like a set and forget device, with power coming from the odb port. One would imagine a low draw from this, so on my daily driver it’s not going to be an issue.

For tracking journeys it looks ok, could offer some nice maps for our photobooks we make, but it doesn’t seem to tie in to the odb port for any really useful data from the vehicle such as mpg which is a shame.

For theft tracker, it’s great, as long as the thief doesn’t look on the odb port and remove it! This is clearly it’s biggest weakness!

Does anyone have one?
Any views?

We were given an AA version by the VW van centre whom we purchased our van from in January. It looks almost identical. It's fine - the power usage will be negligible, but I think the mpg figures given are miles out, and realistically the historical journey details are only mildly interesting rather than of any practical benefit. Ours requires the AA app for your phone, and it seems the Vodafone one also needs a dedicated app. Questions on Amazon also suggest that, like the AA one, an annual subscription is required for the service. As soon as we received ours I noted that the AA web page is no longer taking new subscribers, so I suspect that by the time we get to renew ours next year we may find that they've shut the service down entirely. I would question whether that's perhaps the reason why the Vodafone one is being sold off so cheaply too?

Back